04-02-2014 11:43 PM
55 123
tools
    Personally, I'd keep it, and make sure I used as much data as possible, just to mess with AT&T really. Sponsored data my foot.
    Agreed they simply refuse to upgrade their network on the server and data center side and they put data caps on youverse and dsl home internet services they just dont want to upgrade to accomidate tge greater data needs and speeds if they penalize you for going over what they say is fare its in the order of 50 dollars on the home service and 20 dollars for the first gig over on cell and 10 for each addituonal gigs so say you have a 25 gig plan you use 27 thats an extra 30 so **** at&t

must have unlocked boot loaders!!
    03-19-2014 02:59 AM
    Agreed they simply refuse to upgrade their network on the server and data center side and they put data caps on youverse and dsl home internet services they just dont want to upgrade to accomidate tge greater data needs and speeds if they penalize you for going over what they say is fare its in the order of 50 dollars on the home service and 20 dollars for the first gig over on cell and 10 for each addituonal gigs so say you have a 25 gig plan you use 27 thats an extra 30 so **** at&t

Right. They further proved this with that sponsored data BS. They don't need to limit data, they want to to get more money.
    03-20-2014 07:01 AM

Wait, I didn't get that about U-Verse. I have that service in my house and don't know anything about caps for it. Would you please explain?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    03-20-2014 07:22 AM
    Wait, I didn't get that about U-Verse. I have that service in my house and don't know anything about caps for it. Would you please explain?

Uverse is suppose to have a 250 GB cap for Internet like comcast does... But like comcast Uverse currently has the cap suspended.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    STARGATE likes this.
    03-20-2014 09:55 AM

I have u-verse also. To my understanding, technically there is a 250gig cap, but they are not enforcing it.
    STARGATE likes this.
    03-20-2014 10:04 AM
    Uverse is suppose to have a 250 GB cap for Internet like comcast does... But like comcast Uverse currently has the cap suspended.

I have u-verse also. To my understanding, technically there is a 250gig cap, but they are not enforcing it.
    Mjm, I didn't know that. ๐Ÿ˜•
    Good to know thought. ๐Ÿ˜Š

03-20-2014 10:21 AM
    A year or two they did they had a major upwrar over it

03-20-2014 11:24 AM
    Mjm, I didn't know that. ๐Ÿ˜•
    Good to know thought. ๐Ÿ˜Š

They talk about it at the link below and let you check your usage.

http://www.att.com/esupport/internet...id=3RWx-c_LMIq

As you can see in the screenshot below Comcast mentions the cap but has it suspended. To my knowledge it's been suspended for years though... Fine by me .

Attached Thumbnails Opting Out of Unlimited Data-1395333945316.jpg ย 
    STARGATE likes this.
    03-20-2014 11:45 AM
    They talk about it at the link below and let you check your usage.

http://www.att.com/esupport/internet...id=3RWx-c_LMIq

As you can see in the screenshot below Comcast mentions the cap but has it suspended. To my knowledge it's been suspended for years though... Fine by me .

I ment at&t they actually charged people

03-20-2014 01:07 PM
    I ment at&t they actually charged people

They aren't really doing it for Uverse. For DSL customers the cap sticks and theirs is lower (150).

My parents had/have Uverse forever and when they talked about caps they never were served with one so.. It may have been a few select cities where they did the charging.

03-20-2014 07:51 PM
    They aren't really doing it for Uverse. For DSL customers the cap sticks and theirs is lower (150).

My parents had/have Uverse forever and when they talked about caps they never were served with one so.. It may have been a few select cities where they did the charging.

Maybe! I didn't even know that uverse had caps. I've had it for about 4 years now with no data caps so far. *Knocks on wood*

03-20-2014 10:54 PM
    Maybe! I didn't even know that uverse had caps. I've had it for about 4 years now with no data caps so far. *Knocks on wood*

Depends on your data uses comcast and u verse both got people running servers and people with 3-5 computers running watching netflicks

03-21-2014 01:03 AM
    Depends on your data uses comcast and u verse both got people running servers and people with 3-5 computers running watching netflicks

True, I didn't think about that.

03-21-2014 07:33 AM

Technically those people.. Regardless of data.. Aren't abiding their terms of agreement. Most "home" connections specifically say you cannot run servers on their connection.. They'd rather you pay for business class in order to do that .

03-21-2014 10:55 AM
    Technically those people.. Regardless of data.. Aren't abiding their terms of agreement. Most "home" connections specifically say you cannot run servers on their connection.. They'd rather you pay for business class in order to do that .

Yes that does make a difference but there were people not using servers still getting popped say your addicted to call of duty online gaming console or pc there were people gaming and watching net flicks or a lot of youtube or families all using the net and boom they get a nasty surprise

03-21-2014 11:19 AM
    Yes that does make a difference but there were people not using servers still getting popped say your addicted to call of duty online gaming console or pc there were people gaming and watching net flicks or a lot of youtube or families all using the net and boom they get a nasty surprise

Yea...I would hate to be hit by that bs when I don't run servers! ๐Ÿ˜ก

03-22-2014 01:08 PM
    https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-B...m/td-p/3797619 interesting insights

03-22-2014 02:41 PM
    i gave it up a few month ago because we had to but a seperate IPAD data plan that wasn't unlimited. We use family share data and we don't even come close. Total savings was about $35 a month giving up unlimited data that's like 400 bucks a year! No regrets
    03-25-2014 08:07 PM
    I dont even see any usage statistics available on my u-verse data information. I see usage for telephone, TV PPV orders, but nothing on data.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-26-2014 03:47 PM
    Att.com/myusage just make sure to login with your member is (email) not your cell phone. I'm not sure why you want to see your home Wi-Fi data usage though since that's not related to your unlimited cell phone data plan.

Also uverse data cap is 250GB per month. After that you get a letter that says you've reached 250 and you will be charged $10 for every 50 more GB you use. This is nation wide. I used to work there. No throttling. They do participate in the program that turns in piraters though.

And call of duty 24/7 wouldn't even come close to 50GB a month. It's only streaming Netflix in HD for hours and hours averaging 15+ hours a day. That adds up quick with roommates.

03-27-2014 05:40 AM
    Att.com/myusage just make sure to login with your member is (email) not your cell phone. I'm not sure why you want to see your home Wi-Fi data usage though since that's not related to your unlimited cell phone data plan.

Also uverse data cap is 250GB per month. After that you get a letter that says you've reached 250 and you will be charged $10 for every 50 more GB you use. This is nation wide. I used to work there. No throttling. They do participate in the program that turns in piraters though.

And call of duty 24/7 wouldn't even come close to 50GB a month. It's only streaming Netflix in HD for hours and hours averaging 15+ hours a day. That adds up quick with roommates.

Netflicks pandora cod usually ive been off for 3 days lately been streaming whole series on netflicks and pirated anime sites just wait till I get my gaming rig build I download roms im always on a forum most of which is my phone google play music
    Tell me this why are they soo keen on locking boot loaders??? And unlimited is for me as I can use 5 gigs within 3 hours
    03-27-2014 05:51 AM
    Yes I've heard high quality music streaming can also use a lot of data. Pandora Spotify etc.
    03-27-2014 06:37 AM
    Netflicks pandora cod usually ive been off for 3 days lately been streaming whole series on netflicks and pirated anime sites just wait till I get my gaming rig build I download roms im always on a forum most of which is my phone google play music
    Tell me this why are they soo keen on locking boot loaders??? And unlimited is for me as I can use 5 gigs within 3 hours
    I have used 8gb in half an hour before.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    03-27-2014 06:49 AM

Ive dine worse lol soin as I paid my bill after 4 hours I was being throttled again lol

03-27-2014 07:14 AM

Ive dine worse lol soin as I paid my bill after 4 hours I was being throttled again lol

Too much data in just so little time! Wow! Just wow!

metle_geek likes this.
    04-02-2014 06:38 AM
55 123