Opting Out of Unlimited Data

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I can't imagine having true unlimited. I think that's why I'll be married to Sprint for life.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you mean. When you finish with the 2 year contract, your bill will drop by $15-$25 depending on the data tier that you are on. This change is automatic.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

No mine never did 4 months after it

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No mine never did 4 months after it

Then either you are not on the right plan or there is a problem with your account. Contact att and they should be able to correct it and refund you the 4 months, provided that you are on the right plan.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
No I since upgraded and I did raise hell but I guess im good unlimted text data two lines one feature phone about 700 mins insurrance on both for $139.75 a month

Last edited:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I'd keep it, and make sure I used as much data as possible, just to mess with AT&T really. Sponsored data my foot.

Agreed they simply refuse to upgrade their network on the server and data center side and they put data caps on youverse and dsl home internet services they just dont want to upgrade to accomidate tge greater data needs and speeds if they penalize you for going over what they say is fare its in the order of 50 dollars on the home service and 20 dollars for the first gig over on cell and 10 for each addituonal gigs so say you have a 25 gig plan you use 27 thats an extra 30 so **** at&t

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed they simply refuse to upgrade their network on the server and data center side and they put data caps on youverse and dsl home internet services they just dont want to upgrade to accomidate tge greater data needs and speeds if they penalize you for going over what they say is fare its in the order of 50 dollars on the home service and 20 dollars for the first gig over on cell and 10 for each addituonal gigs so say you have a 25 gig plan you use 27 thats an extra 30 so **** at&t

Right. They further proved this with that sponsored data BS. They don't need to limit data, they want to to get more money.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Wait, I didn't get that about U-Verse. I have that service in my house and don't know anything about caps for it. Would you please explain?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait, I didn't get that about U-Verse. I have that service in my house and don't know anything about caps for it. Would you please explain?

Uverse is suppose to have a 250 GB cap for Internet like comcast does... But like comcast Uverse currently has the cap suspended.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon(3882976)

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

I have u-verse also. To my understanding, technically there is a 250gig cap, but they are not enforcing it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Uverse is suppose to have a 250 GB cap for Internet like comcast does... But like comcast Uverse currently has the cap suspended.

I have u-verse also. To my understanding, technically there is a 250gig cap, but they are not enforcing it.

Mjm, I didn't know that. 😕
Good to know thought. 😊

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Attachments

• 1395333945316.jpg
    1395333945316.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 13

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I ment at&t they actually charged people

They aren't really doing it for Uverse. For DSL customers the cap sticks and theirs is lower (150).

My parents had/have Uverse forever and when they talked about caps they never were served with one so.. It may have been a few select cities where they did the charging.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
They aren't really doing it for Uverse. For DSL customers the cap sticks and theirs is lower (150).

My parents had/have Uverse forever and when they talked about caps they never were served with one so.. It may have been a few select cities where they did the charging.

Maybe! I didn't even know that uverse had caps. I've had it for about 4 years now with no data caps so far. *Knocks on wood*

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe! I didn't even know that uverse had caps. I've had it for about 4 years now with no data caps so far. *Knocks on wood*

Depends on your data uses comcast and u verse both got people running servers and people with 3-5 computers running watching netflicks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your data uses comcast and u verse both got people running servers and people with 3-5 computers running watching netflicks

Technically those people.. Regardless of data.. Aren't abiding their terms of agreement. Most "home" connections specifically say you cannot run servers on their connection.. They'd rather you pay for business class in order to do that :).

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Technically those people.. Regardless of data.. Aren't abiding their terms of agreement. Most "home" connections specifically say you cannot run servers on their connection.. They'd rather you pay for business class in order to do that :).

Yes that does make a difference but there were people not using servers still getting popped say your addicted to call of duty online gaming console or pc there were people gaming and watching net flicks or a lot of youtube or families all using the net and boom they get a nasty surprise

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc