AT&T Galaxy S4: Not receiving text messages.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
OK guys, I have had it....
I downloaded GO SMS Pro last week thinking I might actually like it this time...but I didnt. So I deleted it. All of a sudden I noticed that after I uninstalled it, I couldn't receive text messages anymore. Mind you everything else (data, sending texts, making/receiving phone calls, etc) works just fine.
I've gone through my settings everywhere multiple times, force quit messages stock app, did soft resets, re downloaded go sms pro twice, even did a factory reset....went to the att store yesterday and they gave me a new SIM, the guy on the line at tech support (they had to have me call to activate the SIM) sent me a message and I got it. That was the only one that ever came through. So the fact that I've done all this plus wiped cache partition and it still doesn't work has me wondering wtf to do. I also put my SIM on another phone to "wake it up" as the rep suggested and that didn't even work. They want me to do a warranty exchange but my question is this: does anybody know how to fix this in a way I haven't tried? I've tried to remember everything I've done and pardon me if you suggest something and I've already tried it. Even if I do a warranty exchange will whatever this is be stuck to my Gmail acct and make me have to create a new one? Thanks in advance.

Ugh, why do I always get the weird problems?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Not receiving text messages.

Update...AT&T is doing a warranty exchange for me...If anyone is following, I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Not receiving text messages.

Ok update if anyone has been reading...it was the AT&T Messages app that was blocking my text messages. Something didn't register right when I tried to disable that app (goes to show what happens when you lash back at bloatware...it has its own self defense system). So he deleted it from my account now the texts are coming in just fine. I'm keeping my phone and sending back the warranty replacement tomorrow. So if you have to talk to AT&T about this issue...bring this up before they suggest a warranty replacement.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon