help !!s4 won't turn on after charging

stratos tsamouris

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone!

My Galaxy S4 all of a sudden decided to not turn on this morning. I was using it last night, it was working fine, and now won't turn on. I searched around the forums and internet little bit, but didn't find anything that worked for me. And I'm only one person, so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere.

I have tranother charging cable, and another battery. When the phone is plugged to charge, neither the red LED indicating charging shows, or the green LED indicating a full charge.*

Also - the phone gets hot when trying to charge - hotter than it ever should.*

I've tried:
Using different charging cablesHolding power/home/vol up for reset screen. No vibration or samsung logo ever happensHolding power/home/vol down for download mode. never happensHolding power with no battery in to get rid of any charge.i have no warranty and i trying to understand if the problem is from motherboard or from something else

Last edited:

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone!

My Galaxy S4 all of a sudden decided to not turn on this morning. I was using it last night, it was working fine, and now won't turn on. I searched around the forums and internet little bit, but didn't find anything that worked for me. And I'm only one person, so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere.

I have tranother charging cable, and another battery. When the phone is plugged to charge, neither the red LED indicating charging shows, or the green LED indicating a full charge.*

I've tried:
Using different charging cablesHolding power/home/vol up for reset screen. No vibration or samsung logo ever happensHolding power/home/vol down for download mode. never happensHolding power with no battery in to get rid of any charge.i have no warranty and i trying to understand if the problem is from motherboard or from something else

The same thing happened to One last week. They had to replace it. Luckily there were 11 days remaining on the warranty.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I've tried:

You probobly have a dead cell in the battery if it's getting that hot the internal safety won't let it turn on so it won't fry itself you need to replace that battery ASAP as it can simply explode you have been warned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app