I have been to two cell phone repair shops and both have been unable to fix my S4. The one shop told me that the circuit board is shorted.
    Is there really no way to fix this phone? The reason I am so upset is because there is a lot of information on there that I need to access. The one shop suggested I send it back to Samsung, but they may not even touch it since it's already been opened up.

I woke up one day it and would not power back on. I was having trouble for about three weeks charging it. Sometimes it would charge and sometimes it wouldn't. I just really want to know if it's truly not repairable or maybe there is another way.

Thanks
    10-17-2014 03:24 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How certain was the technician who thought the motherboard was shorted out? If someone with good experience opened the phone up and came to that conclusion, I'm not sure what else you can do. I assume you already tried a different battery. The only other simple problem would be a faulty charging port, but I assume a good technician would be able to figure that out.

How much of the data that you're trying to access was only locally stored? Was any of it synced to your Google account? Or on an external SD card? Issues like this remind everyone of the importance of frequent data backup, as well as the power and security of using Google services, since anything you enter into apps like Google Calendar, Contacts, or Google Drive gets immediately synced to the cloud.
    10-17-2014 05:19 PM
    I had a problem like this, where the phone "powered up" into a special low energy state showing a grey battery. Putting a fully-charged spare battery in did not help. I took it to the AT&T repair shop and they fixed it under warranty.
    10-19-2014 04:18 PM