AT&T 4.4.4 Galaxy S4 Download is ready

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Just checked for software update and 4.4.4 download is ready. 392.48MB. Going to take a while! Finally! Now all we have to do is wait 6 months to get 5.0! If anyone has any problems downloading or after installing please let us know. Good luck. BTW, don't forget to wipe your cache partition after the download.

Last edited:

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the update too. Haven't noticed much of a difference. Has anyone else been getting a dialog box requesting to download a high quality voice file?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded last night. I cleared the partition but battery was running out fast and very long to charge. I did a factory restore, and now everything is back to normal. Not much difference but I didn't expect much. Some new apps that seem cool.
Now waiting for lollipop. That will be awhile...

Posted via the Android Central App

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Update day 2
I wiped the cache partition after downloading, but this time, after the wipe I noticed that my RAM was running extremely high at about 1.4GB. continuously and the battery was also bleeding. I didn't want to do a reset , so I wiped it again and the Ram dropped back down to the avg. norm of about 850MB. So far everything seems to running fine and I used only 2% battery over 7hrs of standby overnight

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Update day 2
I wiped the cache partition after downloading, but this time, after the wipe I noticed that my RAM was running extremely high at about 1.4GB. continuously and the battery was also bleeding. I didn't want to do a reset , so I wiped it again and the Ram dropped back down to the avg. norm of about 850MB. So far everything seems to running fine and I used only 2% battery over 7hrs of standby overnight

No real change in battery usage here. I've never liked the battery drainage on this phone since KK update.

legaltender

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried several times but update fails. I can download it but when installing fails at 27%. tried 6 times. I wiped the phone and tried the update again but it still failed. I was rooted before but lost root when I did the NI1 update. That one updated without any problems. I was with at&t but am now using staighttalk (not sure if that matters). Any ideas?

pswar2000

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded my phone to 4.4.4. Ever since the upgrade, I'm facing issues with Bluetooth connection in my car(Chevy Volt). Audio doesn't play in the car via Bluetooth and similar issues with phone calls. Tested with an non-android device and things are fine so it appears issues are with this upgrade.

Anybody facing these issues? Any tips on fixing the issues?

Emeriz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried several times but update fails. I can download it but when installing fails at 27%. tried 6 times. I wiped the phone and tried the update again but it still failed. I was rooted before but lost root when I did the NI1 update. That one updated without any problems. I was with at&t but am now using staighttalk (not sure if that matters). Any ideas?

I am getting the same issue and I am still on AT&T. Phone shows as official, did a factory reset and the same again. Not sure where to go from here.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone getting or having an issue with the Email app? It seems that it got broken.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
From what I've read in a few blogs, you need to clear the Email data and cache. Unfortunately you will have to re-enter all of your address info again. Try it and let us know if it works.
A lot of devices have been having problems with this update and more than a few have had to do a factory reset. Personally I have had to wipe the cache partition a couple of times because my ram has been extremely high and my battery was bleeding. After wiping twice everything is back to normal.
After cleaning the app and it still does not work, try wiping the cache partition first before factory rest. Keep us informed. Good luck

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I find it a bit odd to hear of all of these problems with the update as I haven't had any. Maybe I'm just lucky. :)

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
After doing the update I have not noticed any issues. But then again I have not re-tried most of my apps. For those having problems completing the update download, try keeping your phone from sleeping during the download. I sit with my phone tapping the screen until the download completes. Seems to help.

Dummy question: How do I clear the cache?

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
After doing the update I have not noticed any issues. But then again I have not re-tried most of my apps. For those having problems completing the update download, try keeping your phone from sleeping during the download. I sit with my phone tapping the screen until the download completes. Seems to help.

Dummy question: How do I clear the cache?

Good points.
I use AVG cache cleaner to clean cache & for optimization. Works well.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read in a few blogs, you need to clear the Email data and cache. Unfortunately you will have to re-enter all of your address info again. Try it and let us know if it works.
A lot of devices have been having problems with this update and more than a few have had to do a factory reset. Personally I have had to wipe the cache partition a couple of times because my ram has been extremely high and my battery was bleeding. After wiping twice everything is back to normal.
After cleaning the app and it still does not work, try wiping the cache partition first before factory rest. Keep us informed. Good luck

How do I clear the cache?

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Download AVG Cleaner from PS. Cleans cache as well as provides optimization. Use it regularly. Good app.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Download AVG Cleaner from PS. Cleans cache as well as provides optimization. Use it regularly. Good app.

Downloaded the app. Used it. Still getting message that email app has failed.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the app. Used it. Still getting message that email app has failed.

Didn't mean that AVG would work for your email issue. Sorry about that.

curlydogblues

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had nothing but problems with email since the KitKat 4.4.4 update installed. Email quits constantly - won't let me open an email. I have cleared the cache - deleted an account - it didn't seem to help the issues. Constant problems with opening any email or the email file - combined inbox - at all. I will try to back up and then uninstall all email accounts and set up all the email addresses again. Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia