SIM Card not detected - Please Help!

az01914

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
So about 2 days ago I dropped my phone a couple of times and I eventually got the message something like "sim card not detected, please restart device" and the only thing I could do was reset the phone. The problem came up again today and I reset the phone and now it says no sim! I read that I needed to buy a new sim card holder on Amazon, is that the best way to fix this situation or we'll getting a new sim card work as well?
Please Help!
I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 i337

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To get a new SIM, you'd probably have to go to your wireless store anyway, so consider bringing the phone to them and telling them that the SIM is no longer detected. (You don't necessarily have to volunteer that you dropped it, unless they ask you.) They might just try a new SIM for you. If that doesn't work, then you may have to replace the SIM connector, but I don't know how involved that is.

az01914

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
well my phone is rooted, would they still be able to get me a new sim card? I rooted through towelroot so my warranty is intact.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
SIM cards are cheap--phone warranty shouldn't figure into it. If the problem is with the phone itself, though, you might have difficulty getting it repaired under warranty. Rooting doesn't always void warranty--it depends on the manufacturer.

az01914

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
ok so i got a new sim card at the at&t store and that seemed to solve the problem for a couple of days. but just now I got the message again?! do I need to replace the sim card connector?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That would have to be evaluated by a qualified technician, so you should start with your AT&T store and ask them what options you have. If they can't do anything, then your options are to contact Samsung, or bring it to an independent repair shop.

az01914

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
kk thanks! but since I rooted with towelroot, I can unroot and my warranty will still be intact so would I need to do that before I send my phone in?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the warranty issue, because not all warranties are voided by rooting. Read the fine print on your warranty to see if you're affected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos