I am trying to move about 1,000 music files from PC to SD card in phone. I am simply copying and pasting. Problem is that I am about 14 hours in and it is still going....slowly. It appears to fly through a few songs then hang on some for a long time. It also asked me to convert to .mp4 even though they are from itunes and thus .mp4.

Any ideas why the slow transfer? Any recommendations on a quicker transfer?
    11-30-2014 11:05 AM
    What type of SD card are you using? Gigs and rating? I assume its a micro sd. Does your pc have an sd card adapter slot? If your using a laptop most likely it will. Try taking the card out and doing a direct transfer with a micro adapter. I transferred 6000 files in less than an hour using the adapter. Also don't transfer from I tunes, take them from your music files folder instead, Are you aware that there are two separate files? One music and the other ITunes. I assume you using a windows system. Let us know how it goes.
    11-30-2014 11:49 AM
    I got a Samsung 64gb xc card. I am using windows but don't have a card slot on this laptop. May buy a USB one. I am copying the music files out of the iTunes file directory. What other files are you referring to? The files I transfered are functioning music files so it appears to be the right files.
    11-30-2014 01:16 PM
    There should be another file labeled music in the ITunes Media file. That is your system music file independent of the ITunes library. What I'm saying is that ITunes library file may have something to do with the problem. Open My Music and open I tunes media file and find Music file there, that's the one you want to use. Also put your sd card in the phone and go into settings> more > storage(scroll all the way down and format sd card . that will erase everything and set the card up properly . Open the music file and copy and paste your songs over to the card. Make sure when you connect the phone to the laptop, pull down your notification bar and make sure its connected as a media device(MTP).
    Another thing also, make sure your using a good usb port on the pc and also a good usb cable. Sometimes these two can make a hell of a difference. I guarantee after all this ,it will work like a charm!!
    11-30-2014 02:04 PM
    Great info. Thank you!
    11-30-2014 03:45 PM
    My pleasure, please let us know how it works out.
    11-30-2014 04:31 PM