Please read and help!!

az01914

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I337UCUFNC1. I rooted my phone using towelroot before but I unrooted fully using SuperSU. Recently, I have been getting errors on software updates, and my devuce status is still custom. Today, I have a notification that won't go away that says, "Downloading softwareupdate, please do not...." and my battery has been draining like crazy. Please help, I need to get device status back to official and I want to get rid of this notification, I'm very young and my parents won't get me another phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to SamMobile Firmwares, type i337 into the search box, pick your carrier/country and download the ROM. (You'll have to create a free account to download files.) Download Odin. Flash the ROM. (The instructions for using Odin are all over the web. The ROM file you download will be a zip file. Unzip it to get the files you need to load into Odin. Then it's basically click one button and wait for it to finish.) Update. Search for a method to root (depending on the carrier, you might update past any version that there's currently a rooting method for.)

If all you want is to get rid of the Custom notification, and you're okay with your current version of Android, install Xposed Installer and Wanam Xposed. There's a checkbox in Wanam (I think in the Advanced section) to get rid of the "Custom" and the unlocked lock. (You usually have to restart a few times before it starts taking effect.) You'll have to re-root - Xposed needs root to run.

az01914

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
On SamMobile it doesn't have I337UCUFNC1, it has 2 that are I337 but none of them are current.

az01914

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
wait what's the difference between nc1 and nb1? will it mess up my phone because I've heard of wifi issues with different baseband and phone versions.