Will an AT&T S4 work on Verizon?

Dave O3

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a RAZR Maxx on Verizon with a SIMM card in it and I want to switch to this AT&T S4 if that's possible. The AT&T is a demo from an AT&T employee so there's no contract on it but possibly carrier locked from what I've read. I saw something about APC codes needed for LTE data to work but I'm completely confused now. If anyone could point me in the right direction or just let me know it's not possible if that's the case, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It appears to be a GSM-only phone, so no. If it also had a CDMA radio, you could get an unlock code (you'd have to buy it on ebay, since it's not currently on an AT&T contract, so they wouldn't give it to you) and you'd need to put in Verizon's APN data for any internet connection, LTE or not. But since there's no CDMA radio in the phone, it won't work on Verizon or Sprint, both CDMA carriers. (Unlocking it will allow it to work on TMobile, the other GSM carrier in the US.)

There is a CDMA version of the S4, but it's not the AT&T version.

Dave O3

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know. Is there an easy way of telling which AT&T phones have a CDMA radio in them, if any? I have access to a pile of AT&T demo smartphones and possibly there is another one that I could use on Verizon.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar