08-11-2015 09:49 PM
98 ... 234
tools
    I went to best buy at the samsung experience center and they updated my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I can't even remember what the problem was but Samsung suggested I have an experience center re-flash my phone. They did and it corrected whatever problem I was having. They were very friendly and helpful. They will be the first place I will go if I ever have a problem I can't figure out on my own again.
    04-29-2015 08:21 PM
    Hi - how did you fix #2 Please as I have lost my home page weather widget
    05-01-2015 06:22 AM
    EXACTLY - Me too
    05-01-2015 06:24 AM
    cleared my cache partition and then did a factory reset to hopefully stop the fast battery drain. No such luck. I have my phone set up again and still having battery draining fast. Not sure what else to do. Anyone else have any ideas. Glad I always have my phone charger with me. I have to charge it at least twice a day if not more. Battery drains fast when doing anything.
    05-03-2015 02:45 PM
    Start it up in safe mode and see if you still have high battery drain issues.
    05-04-2015 07:10 AM
    I tried that before I did the factory reset.
    05-04-2015 09:08 AM
    When you say you have your phone set up again, I assume that means you've installed and tweaked all your apps. If so, did you try it first before you loaded your apps to see if you still have the battery drain issue? And speaking of which, please define what you mean by battery draining fast.

What sort of delta are you seeing? You can try the free version of Gsam Battery Monitor or Battery Mix to get an idea of your delta. On mine, during the day I'll typically see anywhere from 5% to 9% per hour. Over night it will drop to 2-4%. I leave wifi and GPS on all the time. Bluetooth only when needed.
    louis hall likes this.
    05-04-2015 11:42 AM
    Daydream no longer works since I upgraded my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 to Lollipop 5.01. The screen turns off after the screen time out (30 seconds), and no Daydream ever displays. I have done a factory reset twice, and wiped the cache. I have selected many daydream applications and even downloaded some new ones. None of them work with any of the available settings. Nothing I have done works. Does anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this. I have Daydream switched on under the Display in the My Device settings. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    05-07-2015 12:23 AM
    Does anyone know how to switch settings back to the way they were before the lollipop update??? Not liking it at all!!!!! Found out how to change the colors but they limit you to how many to choose from. None of which are the original!!!
    05-07-2015 12:20 PM
    I hate this upgrade, I didn't realise how much it would spoil my note 4!
    I hate the new look, the photos in my contacts now look like pee holes in the snow!
    When I open the text window, it's like opening a sick bag!
    As someone else said, it's like a child has designed it!

Is there anything that can be done?
    louis hall likes this.
    05-09-2015 08:27 AM
    For the most part, I haven't had too many problems with new upgrade causing any app or phone failures, but as always they add more useless apps. Anyone want to pay $2.99 a month for Caller Name ID? I thought I was paying for that already! They added more "Knox" apps. Now there is KNOX II, KNOX Store, KNOX SetupWizardClient & KNOX MigrationAgent. (Is there anyone out there who uses KNOX & could they explain it to me?) There's something called "Mobile TV", "Music FX", "Travel", "Travel Wallpaper" etc. When I look at some of them, they have more permissions, flags & certifications than most system apps! They moved the "import/export" contacts from the contact app & hid it under the phone app. (I download my contacts to my SD card -- long story). I miss being able to turn on my mobile data with an app. I, too, hate having the favorites list automatically calling the person; instead of displaying their information. I have an odd problem with the update, when I play my music, it will say that it doesn't support that format but it plays anyway! I have several gripes about the lock screen. I miss the lock screen apps page. I hate that it shows that I have a message & I can't press on that display to take me to the message app. Maybe it has something to do with "driver safety". If you make people push enough buttons, it will discourage them from texting, oh wait a second; they'll have to press more buttons creating even more crashes! ...BUT the #1 gripe I have, is the lock screen's display. Now the time, date, personal message display is smaller & not centered anymore. If there are any "messages" on the notification bar, it's displayed on the lock screen in huge, white bars.Then the time & date are pushed to the top of the screen, made even smaller & the personal message disappears. I wear glasses & I didn't need to use my glasses to see the time on the old lock screen. I don't think it's that important to display that I have updates to apps on the lock screen, I downloaded an app, or I set my alarm clock! Actually, I downloaded an alarm clock app that gives me the ability to set multiple alarms for different times & days. I rely on this app. Now, I have to turn it off & on so I don't have the stupid message bar on the lock screen; which in turn makes the alarm clock useless!
    randun likes this.
    05-21-2015 05:43 AM
    As I was saying, they moved more functions to different apps. I found out how to get rid of those annoying messages on the lock screen. It's under the "Sounds & Notifications" settings! Go to Notifications under Sounds & settings. It's under "While Locked". You have the option to show, "show all content" (default), "hide sensitive content", & "Do not show notifications". Now, I can set up my alarm clock again! However, the time & date are still smaller.

I forgot to add a plus to the new update. You can change the quick setting buttons on your notification panel. I use wi-fi, location, bluetooth, airplane mode & hands-free mode. I have them at the top of my notification panel because I use them all of the time.
    05-21-2015 06:34 AM
    This lollipop tastes terrible and is killing my inner goth child..... If my phone was lined with razors I would be emo by now.
    05-21-2015 12:33 PM
    In the time I've been using Lollipop, I've become convinced that the OS name was well thought out. With all the nanny-type warning messages that pop up for different reasons, this is apparently an operating system aimed at 3 year-old's! I'm tired of having to acknowledge the same messages over and over, such as when I raise the volume past the "loud" threshold while on Bluetooth or headphones, or when engaging airplane mode. I'm a freaking adult, and can make my own intelligent choices, thank you very much! It's an operating system designed by a committee composed of engineers and lawyers. All this tells me that Google doesn't think much of it's Android customer's intelligence.
    valQIS likes this.
    05-21-2015 02:12 PM
    Hello ..
    Can you please help me to root my Samsung S4- SGH I337?? Its running on Lollipop 5.0.1.. Baseband version is I337UCUGOC3.
    05-29-2015 10:37 PM
    After the update the battery started draining very fast, also observed the heating issue. Did the factor reset twice still the issue continues.
    Any suggestions how to solve these two issues (Battery draining & Heating issues) ?
    05-29-2015 11:10 PM
    Mine is acting similarly...battery is drained in 20 mins and takes 24 hrs to recharge.....please advise....
    05-29-2015 11:14 PM
    A few issues I have had so far on my Samsung Galaxy S4 with Sprint.

1. The option to set the phone to Vibrate, if you long-press the power button, isn't there anymore, if you long-press the power button you get Power Off, Airplane Mode or Restart but not the Mute, Vibrate and Sound choices you used to get. Now you have to unlock the screen, open the settings and scroll through the Sound, Mute and Vibrate options to get what you want. This went from a simple 2 button press to a much more involved process.

2. The option to preview text messages, "Preview message", on the lock screen no longer works. Yes, you can turn on the new notifications via "Notifications on lock screen" but I don't want to see all of my notifications on the lock screen and going through the settings for each app is a pita. Also, with the "Notifications on lock screen" turned on the "Owner Information" personal message is no longer visible on the lock screen. I have changed the settings, saved, changed the settings back to what I want, saved, wiped the cache partition and rebooted several times in between all to no avail.

3. The cell carrier name in the upper left hand corner of the lock screen instead of the notification icons is a pita also. I don't need to be reminded who my carrier is, I'd much rather know what notifications I have.

4. It took me some time to figure out how to get my widgets back that were removed with the update. The widget options are no longer available from the "Apps" menu. You have to long press a blank spot on one of your home screens to get the "Widgets" option.

Other than the above everything has been good so far. The update took some time but went smoothly. I do like the quick camera access from the lock screen, I have been waiting a while for this option.
    06-16-2015 01:01 AM
    Can anyone give me any information on upgrading my Samsung Galaxy S4? Its a Straight Talk phone with the ATT sim. When I run the update procedure it shows that 4.3 is installed and says that there are no upgrades available. Does anyone have the process down that can be used to manually upgrade my phone? Thanks for any help possible.

James
    07-21-2015 08:50 AM
    Thanks for the instructions. So many posts suggested volume down button. Only yours is correct for me " volume UP". Thanks!
    07-25-2015 03:26 PM
    I don't know if this is related to the update to Lollipop or not, but I cannot install new apps from an apk file now.

Yes, I have install from unknown sources checked.

I often snag updates from apk.mirror and install before they hit the Google play store, but that no longer works for me

I also have an update to my Amazon store app that won't update either.

In all cases the install button does nothing. Only the cancel button works.

Any suggestions?

08-02-2015 03:44 PM
    Solved. A bit of research indicated Lux can prevent side loading. I've been using Lux for a long time and never would have guessed that app to be an issue.

I disabled Lux, did my sideloads, then reenabled Lux and all went well.

08-03-2015 01:30 AM
    I received an OTA update today. Still remain at 5.0.1. But I think the kernel may have changed. Anyone know what the update was about? Stagefright update maybe?
    08-11-2015 09:49 PM
98 ... 234