You need to increase the amount of available storage on your phone to install Lollipop. I made enough room for 3GB of available space. I did have about 1GB. You need to remove apps or move them to the SD Card. To see how much you have:
    1. Go into Settings.
    2. Select More
    3. Select Storage

To remove or move Apps:
    1. Go back out to the More menu again
    2. Select Application Manager
    3. Select an App
    4. If you have an SD Card and the Move to SD Card is not grayed out, you can move it to the SD Card. Otherwise, you can Uninstall it.
    5. Do this for all the Apps you have to make more room.

Go back to the Storage Menu
    1. Clear your Cached Data

Try to reinstall Lollipop again. If you are getting the,"You must wait XX hours and XX minutes, go to Data and Time, Turn off update automatically and advance the date by at least 1 day and go back and reinstall Lollipop.

Hope this helps everyone!!!!
    halsie#AC and B. Diddy like this.
    04-12-2015 10:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for that tip!
    04-13-2015 02:50 AM
    This never worked for me. I had to get it updated with samsung executive at best buy for 4.4 too

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2015 09:54 PM
    will the update work if you use your data? I'm not somewhere with good wifi and it's like messing up. I got the same message about the software update interrupted this morning and I thought maybe I had done something wrong but it was probably just the lack of storage on my phone. I did what you said though and i'm gonna try to flip the thing forward a day and see if that works too.
    04-14-2015 11:23 AM
    I have a little more than 5 gb space, but it still says interrupted.
    04-14-2015 11:32 AM
    None of your data will be removed.
    04-14-2015 10:52 PM
    Hmmm. That's a lot of free space.
    How many apps do you have?
    How much Total Space, System memory and Used space, does your S4 have on it?
    04-14-2015 11:00 PM
    Hey Thanks , but I have more than 5Gb free and I still keep getting that same massage "software update interrupted " as with these update problems there always seems to be many causes ... but your fix is good if storage was the cause of the problem.
    04-15-2015 07:42 AM
    Hmmm. That's a lot of free space.
    How many apps do you have?
    How much Total Space, System memory and Used space, does your S4 have on it?
    I too have around 5 Gb of free internal memory
    but I don't live in USA anymore so can I update this in some other country?
    04-15-2015 02:03 PM
    has anyone fixed this? I just did a factory reset and still getting the update interrupted message. i tried it both on my home wifi and campus wifi and neither worked. I have the 32GB S4 with about 18GB free. I'm running 4.4.4. I've never had this issue in the past :/
    Hilal Abuzinadah likes this.
    04-23-2015 02:10 AM
    has anyone fixed this? I just did a factory reset and still getting the update interrupted message. i tried it both on my home wifi and campus wifi and neither worked. I have the 32GB S4 with about 18GB free. I'm running 4.4.4. I've never had this issue in the past :/
    I went to Best buy and got it updated

04-23-2015 11:40 AM
    I went to Best buy and got it updated
    What did Best Buy do that we can't do?
    04-25-2015 01:37 AM
    What did Best Buy do that we can't do?
    They said they don't use kies and they have samsung proprietary software to update which cannot be shared

calorie712 likes this.
    04-27-2015 01:19 AM
    Hi! Friend, it sound you are so genius in Android software. I need your help to share me some experience. I have just been updated to Lollipop 5.0.1, I am using Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. After updated the new firmware, my device become heat so easy, just connect to WiFi or Data network for few minutes and it become heat.

is there any solution to solve this problem, please kindly share. THANKS.
    05-19-2015 12:12 AM
    Thanks for providing this fix. In my case, I was short of space so I moved my applications to my SD card as you instructed and cleared my cache (which was quite large). I tried the install again and ti was successful! I really appreciate the information!
    05-27-2015 10:11 AM
    Please ignore. I can not delete it.
    05-31-2015 12:11 PM
    I did the same but it did not work. I have S4 16GB
    05-31-2015 12:13 PM
    Hi! There,

I am using Galaxy S4 GT-I9500, recently the system requested me to update to lollipop firmware version. I found that the new version of Lollipop is brilliant and faster than previous version. After I update to Lollipop firmware, then I am facing a problem with the device. Once the device is connected to the 3G or Wifi, it's easy to become heat when the device is used within 15 or 20 minutes simultaneously. Any friends or Galaxy S4 has faced this problem and know how to resolve it, please kindly SHAREA your experience to me via this discussion channel or email.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR KINDLY CONTRIBUTION OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
    06-11-2015 09:59 PM
    I cleared up space, but when i check for the update i don't get notification there is an update available. When will it be pushed to my phone again?
    06-19-2015 10:08 AM
    My install was interrupted. I freed space to 3G, and now I don't know how to initiate the install. Or where to find the downloaded update or where to get it in case I accidently deleted it. Please help.
    06-20-2015 03:11 PM
    Also I'm on sprint. I looked at Samsung. Youmobile but my model # is not listed. Anytime I find the proper download link it's accompanied with all these directions for connecting to PC and flashing with Odin or cmod or whatever, and I'm not doing any of that. I hAd the update and it was installing. Am I going to have to just wait for my phone to prompt me again or is there a way I can just download the file to my phone and run it the same way it started before just cut and dry?
    06-20-2015 04:17 PM
    They said they don't use kies and they have samsung proprietary software to update which cannot be shared

Do they update it for free and can they save everything on your phone?
    06-23-2015 01:06 AM
    Also I'm on sprint. I looked at Samsung. Youmobile but my model # is not listed. Anytime I find the proper download link it's accompanied with all these directions for connecting to PC and flashing with Odin or cmod or whatever, and I'm not doing any of that. I hAd the update and it was installing. Am I going to have to just wait for my phone to prompt me again or is there a way I can just download the file to my phone and run it the same way it started before just cut and dry?
    I would like to know the answer to this as well TIA.
    07-10-2015 08:27 AM
    I ended up going to best buy too. They flashed 5.02 on it in about 20 mins. Much easier than doing it yourself.
    07-10-2015 10:24 AM
    This may have worked for you but i ave 9.316GB available on my phone (I have an SD card and moved apps there). I get the interrupted error every time (10 now) so somethings is really screwed up with the update.

Going to BestBuy to get this installed means a 3hour round trip for me. Kind of sucks. Having the best phone doesn't always mean the best owner experience.....
    10-18-2015 01:25 PM