Hello,
    A few days ago, I noticed that all the photos in the "CAMERA" folder of my S4 were gone.
    Luckily I had backed up all photos to PC just before, so only missing a few new ones.
    I thought I mistakenly hit some button to delete them. But since I was only missing a few,
    wasn't a big deal.

Then, I happened to notice when I opened the "PHOTOS' app all the photos are there. So this means
    they are somewhere still on the phone? How can I access this folder.
    I connected via USB and don't see where I can find these.

Thank you.Photos disappeared from Camera/DCIM-photos-icon.jpg
    02-01-2016 09:56 AM
    I don't know about your S4, but stock Android (as in, the OS installed in Google Nexus devices) puts the camera shots in the DCIM\Camera folder.
    02-01-2016 10:31 AM
    yes, I tried there first but didn't see in there. I can only see photos (that are no longer in the Camera/DCIM) if I click on the "Photos" icon , shown above.
    I am hoping that means the photos are still in there somewhere....
    02-01-2016 10:37 AM
    yes, I tried there first but didn't see in there. I can only see photos (that are no longer in the Camera/DCIM) if I click on the "Photos" icon , shown above.
    I am hoping that means the photos are still in there somewhere....
    Just to be absolutely clear: you say you are looking in "Camera\DCIM" and I am saying that in stock Android, the folder is DCIM\Camera. The names are reversed.

Also, the stock Android Photos app has the ability to display both the photos which are on your device and also those that are backed up online.

Try this:

Open the Photos app and tap the three-bar menu icon at top-left then tap "Device folders". Next (assuming that photos are now displayed), tap on any photo thumbnail and then tap the circled-I ("Info") icon at the bottom of the screen. The second line in the Info screen will indicate the location of the photo on your device.
    02-01-2016 11:14 AM
    I will try. thanks for your help.
    02-01-2016 01:15 PM