HELP! Phone won't load past SAMSUNG logo and Kies doesn't help

AnonPhoneBroken

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I had my Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android version 4.2 I believe) for about 6-8 months. I bought it from ebay - it was an unlocked phone, but it was originally from AT&T. I don't know if this considered a rooted phone or not, but I have never done anything to my phone before this, in fears of bricking it.

Here is my backstory:
I forgot to charge my phone one night, but I discovered my phone to be burning hot when I woke up (despite the phone battery dying). However, after charging my phone completely, I was unable to get past the Samsung Logo screen. The blue LED light still blinks though. I googled my problem, and tried out a solution that was given by GSDer... but I got an error. method.png upgrade-failure.jpg
I was told to put in a recovery code, but I do not have one. **Picture isn't mine, but that's the same message I got.**

What should I do now? Whenever I try to restart my phone now, I get "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" Also, whenever I try to connect my phone to Kies, my phone never shows up, despite waiting minutes.

Additional info - I once dropped my phone very hard and my screen started to turn black slowly, until I could no longer see anything (but my phone still lit up and vibrated). I got it fixed at a phone store, although they did mess up and cause my phone to be unable to charge, thus causing them to fix my phone twice.

Any help is welcome. Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance