Unlocking Issue AT&T Galaxy S4

srs4

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone, I had an issue with my S4 recently. I wanted to unlock my phone so my I could use it with any carrier so I contacted AT&T and got the unlock code. I also followed their instructions explicitly but the phone wouldn't read the different sim. They gave me an unlock code and told me the phone should ask me for the code as soon as I power it on with a new sim, but when I tried, it only read "Emergency No Sim inserted". The sim I inserted was a T-Mobile sim so I decided to try my friend's AT&T sim, the phone worked perfectly as soon as I inserted the new AT&T sim, there was no need for any unlock code. I need help fast since I need to use the phone internationally and I am leaving in 2 weeks. Thank You.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
If the phone works with an ATT sim but not a T-mobile sim, then it's not the phone. Instead of being here, you should go visit a T-Mobile store. It's possible the sim is just bad.

srs4

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
The sim is fine, I actually tested the sim on my old iphone 4s (also originally on AT&T) and it worked fine. might end up using that for my trip but still need help with the S4

Last edited:

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It's very strange that everything works, but doesn't work when it involves the T-mobile Sim and S4. Did you ever have a Sim error on your S4 before. Supposedly some S4's have a known/intermittent hardware problem. Some people have to put pressure on the motherboard using pieces or folder paper or even cut pieces of an earplug. Watch this video. You might try putting pressure in the area it specifies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UEtTMhZujk

Other than that, I have no ideas other than what I mentioned before... visit a T-mobile store and have them help you.

srs4

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I have had this error pop up for me before but noticed that it went away after a while, I'll try this and let you know the results.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey