Help with using Kies and Infuse

Flores

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Samsung Infuse from At&t. From googling around, I found out that I could use Kies to sync contacts, etc. I have downloaded Kies 2.0 from the Samsung UK website. The installation went fine. I have windows XP on my PC. But when I plug the phone to my computer. It gives me an error message saying that the phone is not supported. Please help!! Thanks.

rvrocket

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I get the same error message. Samsung is notorious for their poor syncing software. There is software called Android Sync for the phone and windows it works ok and there is a free version. But I gave up on syncing with outlook an just use gmail for now.

Reactions: Flores

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Also Kies is only being supoorted for the int'l versions of the Galaxy S or SII (GT-i9100 the one I have) or the GT-i9000M/T (the first gen. Of Galaxy S), but not the carrier version of Samsung smarphones such as the infuse 4G unless I'm wrong. This is very pitiful because HTC Sync software allows just about any HTC device running android to sync their PIM, music and pictures.

I am succesfully able to sync my GSII with kies using Outlook, b/c I have an int'l Galaxy SII fortunately. I use windows 7 operating system also. I'm able to sync all of my contacts (168 entries), notes (67 entries), calendar entries (over 135 entries), my music and pictures. For some weird reason Kies will not sync my itune playlists, so I resorted to iSync software for syncing all of my music library and playlists. As far as contacts, calendar entries and notes syncing with Outlook, kies works perfectly (I'm very happy)

I hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Last edited:

davidbellevue

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
For some reason Samsung has disabled Kies on their US phones. However, there are drivers in Kies that will help you use other 3rd party synching software. You can use MyPhoneExplorer, it is a free app that works very well. I use it and after setting it up properly, I can now sync outlook contacts and calendar with my phone.

Much easier and better than the Microsoft solution, which is to do it via Hotmail.

Hope this helps.

ponyexpress1

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
You can google sgh i997 support and go to the Samsung website. There you can download the owner's manual and/or the usb driver software for Windows. I did it 30 minutes ago and it works fine.( based on what I read it is Kies Mini)

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Samsung needs to really fix this and allow all US carrier phones to access Kies just like they do with the Int'l version.

Sent from my GT-I9100

rvrocket

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The only PC studio that actually worked well was 1.2b. It even synced with outlook quite well. And yes I did try to connect the Infuse and it did no work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith