Clearing all Data, Backing up

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So I just got my replacement phone from Amazon Wireless (the volume and power buttons on my old Infuse were loose and seemed like they would just "pop" out. The new phone does not have that problem), and I need to send my old phone in.
Is there a way to backup everything to my SD card (contacts, apps, txt messages, etc) and delete everything on my old phone easily or do I need to do it manually and go through each application to backup/delete?

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I use mybackup pro. Has a restore option. Haven't used restore yet.
Seems to save the things you mentioned.
Then I assume there is a master reset option on phone when done.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
So I just got my replacement phone from Amazon Wireless (the volume and power buttons on my old Infuse were loose and seemed like they would just "pop" out. The new phone does not have that problem), and I need to send my old phone in.
Is there a way to backup everything to my SD card (contacts, apps, txt messages, etc) and delete everything on my old phone easily or do I need to do it manually and go through each application to backup/delete?

Couple options...

Are you rooted? If so, I'd recommend Titanium Backup. You can back up all your apps, contacts, even settings (woo hoo!) to your SD card in your old phone. Then, pop it into your new phone, root, get Titanium Backup onto the new phone and then restore all the data off the SD card.

If you are not rooted, I'd sync all your Contacts with Google (I LOVE this feature anyway -- safeguards all your contacts) and then just re-sync them onto the new phone. To get your apps back onto the new phone, go to the Market, go to Library, and you'll see your list of apps, ready to be re-downloaded.

I'm sure there are other ways, but that's how I'd do it. Well, I'm rooted, so I'd use Titanium... ;)

rogcontact

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Couple options...

Are you rooted? If so, I'd recommend Titanium Backup. You can back up all your apps, contacts, even settings (woo hoo!) to your SD card in your old phone. Then, pop it into your new phone, root, get Titanium Backup onto the new phone and then restore all the data off the SD card.

If you are not rooted, I'd sync all your Contacts with Google (I LOVE this feature anyway -- safeguards all your contacts) and then just re-sync them onto the new phone. To get your apps back onto the new phone, go to the Market, go to Library, and you'll see your list of apps, ready to be re-downloaded.

I'm sure there are other ways, but that's how I'd do it. Well, I'm rooted, so I'd use Titanium... ;)

Rooted or NON-Rooted, use MyBackup.
If youa re rooted it will do all items Titanium does. Also, if you are non-rooted, it will backup a whole lot of things that google doesnt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2