Infuse not making calls via Google Voice

Janbur

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just installed the GV app on my Infuse. It is set to use GV to make all calls. However, when I go to the phone dialer and dial a number, it uses my mobile phone number to do so. After reading the GV help site, I got the impression that the GV app somehow integrates with the phone dialer so that it will show my GV number on the call recipients caller ID, possibly by calling a Google number to route the call instead of dialing the number directly. I have tried all of the various settings in the "Making calls" section of the GV app settings, and have power-cycled the phone, but nothing seems to change the behavior of the dialer. Am I misunderstanding this functionality? Is the "use GV to make calls" setting only for clicking on phone numbers in web pages or something? GV voicemail routing is working fine, in case that matters.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Janbur

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi again all,

I figured out my problem. At first, I was thinking that the phone dialer on the Infuse just wasn't going to be compatible with GV dialing. However, after many hours of dorking around with it, I figured out that the problem was caused by my contacts being in 7-digit format instead of including the area code! If you use the 7-digit phone number, GV will not be used to make the call, the call will go through the phone dialer instead. Hopefully this will help someone else out there who is as bewildered as I was as to why something so simple didn't seem to be working as advertised. Of course, it would help if the GV docs mentioned this little tidbit.

Cheers,

Brian

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi again all,

I figured out my problem. At first, I was thinking that the phone dialer on the Infuse just wasn't going to be compatible with GV dialing. However, after many hours of dorking around with it, I figured out that the problem was caused by my contacts being in 7-digit format instead of including the area code! If you use the 7-digit phone number, GV will not be used to make the call, the call will go through the phone dialer instead. Hopefully this will help someone else out there who is as bewildered as I was as to why something so simple didn't seem to be working as advertised. Of course, it would help if the GV docs mentioned this little tidbit.

Cheers,

Brian

GREAT to know, thanks! I have GV currently set up only for voicemail and to make international calls (my wife is in Argentina for most of the summer, so it's been great, 2 cents a minute :))
But if I ever make the switch all the way, this will be handy. Welcome to the forums!!!