Incipio Offgrid case/battery backup

betito84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Saw this case at the local AT&T store just wondering who has picked this up and any feedback on it? The package says it has a 1700 mAh battery built into the case I may buy this.

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
I've been looking everywhere for one of these and I finally found one. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow from a corporate AT&T for $70. I made certain he put it aside because these things are either sold out or back ordered for weeks everywhere. At my AT&T store we can't order them at all so there goes my employee discount :/ either way ill definitely get back to you with pictures and my findings on the case. For such a popular phone its weird that no one has reviews for this product via YouTube or internet....

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking everywhere for one of these and I finally found one. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow from a corporate AT&T for $70. I made certain he put it aside because these things are either sold out or back ordered for weeks everywhere. At my AT&T store we can't order them at all so there goes my employee discount :/ either way ill definitely get back to you with pictures and my findings on the case. For such a popular phone its weird that no one has reviews for this product via YouTube or internet....
Wow, your corp store had stuff for the Infuse. Stopped by mine today, nothing. And by that, I mean they don't carry anything other then the Infuse.:(

BKHMD

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I have also been looking for this. Cant find it. Can anyone post a link to where I mightbe able to order one?

Im on the incpio website and cant find it.

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
It's a funny story because I'm from Philadelphia and I'm in Michigan visiting family. I figured I'd call the local AT&T on a limb and see if it was available. Considering I'm an employee I figured it would be out of stock but they have a full stock available! I have one on hold like I said earlier. I've been scouring the incipio website and nothing... not even a picture. I found something on Tessco which is AT&Ts usual supplier for accessories but its back ordered for 2 weeks. Its almost as if the OffGrid is in its first order stage and maybe it hasn't gotten that popular? Again as I said before its nowhere to be found on YouTube or the internet as far reviews or in depth product information. Maybe ill be the first to give everyone a real review on the product so stay tuned until tomorrow! I promise to get back to you guys asap.

BKHMD

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It's a funny story because I'm from Philadelphia and I'm in Michigan visiting family. I figured I'd call the local AT&T on a limb and see if it was available. Considering I'm an employee I figured it would be out of stock but they have a full stock available! I have one on hold like I said earlier. I've been scouring the incipio website and nothing... not even a picture. I found something on Tessco which is AT&Ts usual supplier for accessories but its back ordered for 2 weeks. Its almost as if the OffGrid is in its first order stage and maybe it hasn't gotten that popular? Again as I said before its nowhere to be found on YouTube or the internet as far reviews or in depth product information. Maybe ill be the first to give everyone a real review on the product so stay tuned until tomorrow! I promise to get back to you guys asap.

Im 50 minutes south of you. Also from the Wolverine state. Pick one up for me.

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
Sorry no video guys but i have pictures and my review!
As we all know smartphone batteries are absolute garbage and they need to find a substitute for lithium ion. Having owned Androids in the past (Backflip *blah* and the Evo *yay*) i have considered throwing my phones at the wall for dying too often. So, when i got my Evo i got turned on to an extended battery by a co worker at the time. Needless to say i fell in love because i finally got a day and then some of heavy use. The extra bulk on the phone however was hard to get used to at first (ill get to this later). At that point in time i realized an extended battery was a must! Time went on and i got the Infuse already knowing the battery would be, once again, absolute garbage. What i did not know was that the Infuse has little to no accessories... Being an employee for AT&T i was shocked that our new flagship phone was just that; the phone and maybe a few cases to choose from. I scoured the earth aka my store and internal AT&T product information and stumbled upon a release sheet for the Infuse which included the elusive Incipio offGRID charging case. Im very familiar with this product because of the iPhone so i know what it does. I took to the AT&T product catalogs and the internet. I found absolutely nothing but one measly forum post of a couple people going back and forth about it but ultimately in the same boat as i was... with no answers. Online they are sold out and backordered for weeks at a time. But.

I got one :D today actually and im very excited because the dry wall in my house and at work is safe.

The Incipio offGRID charging case sports a built in 1700mAh battery that doubles your much needed talk, text, web and Angry Birds time. It offers "superior protection" and is made of "high density polycarbonate" (that grippy smooth ruber stuff that doesnt slide off your lap when you're making sharp turns in your car). Is it more durable than an Otterbox Defender? No. Does it indeed double your battery life? Absolutely. As you can see in the pictures, there are 4 blue lights which act as the battery indicator for the CASE not the phone. So logically when they are depleted that means charge it. You can press and hold the little power button on the left hand side to activate the charging and the same to deactivate. This case is THICK! If you are all about the "thinnest 4G device" which is the Samsung Infuse, you will be displeased. As you can see in the pictures i have the end of the device poking out so you can see the thickness is gives. The case does not hinder any buttons or speaker quality which is good. Personally i dont care either way because i need this battery life. The end.

Moving on. At $70 i think its a little pricey but much needed. I have yet to see a 3000mAh battery like the Evo has to offer so in the mean time this baby will do just fine! The ONLY thing i dislike about this is the USB functionality. While the case is on you CANNOT, CANT, WILL NOT BE ABLE TO use the phone as a USB drive. Maybe its just my MacBook being an anti open sourced brainwashed laptop (good job Steve) or maybe its because it just doesnt work. All you have to do is just slide the bottom of the case off and presto. Since i may be the first person to ever review this case i have no idea if this is happening to others.

OVERALL, i love this case and it does what its supposed to do. It charges a dead battery back up to 100% no doubt. I wouldnt be honest if i said i liked the bulk of the case... i could do without the bulk but bottom line i can cope. Beggars cant be choosers and right now we as the beggars have this extended battery as our only option at the moment. Find it wherever you can or at your local AT&T and forever let our phones be drywall free :cool:

Reactions: davidbellevue

arkymom1

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a battery backup that I purchased at the At&T store when I purchased my Samsung Infuse 4g. Have not been used but very little, might have used it just for a few days. If anyone is interested in buying it, will sell it and ship free, but just in the US, not outside the US. You can contact me at
arkymom1@sbcglobal.net

Make an offer if you wish and I will think about it.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The thickness is a deal breaker for me. One major factor that influenced my Infuse purchase was how thin the phone was. What I do about battery issues is twofold:

(1) I use Juice Defender.
(2) I carry a spare charged battery in my briefcase.