Infuse AT&T Insurance Deductible increasing to $199...

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I ran across this on the AT&T website and am shocked, as typically phones get cheaper to replace as time goes on.

They are increasing it from a $125 deductible to a $199 deductible, which effectively makes the insurance useless as it may now be cheaper in the long run to save the $7+tax/month and to just buy a refurb outright if you lose or destroy your phone. Or just buy the latest greatest phone at the time for a little more.

Here are screenshots taken straight from the brochure available online:

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/en_US/pdf/INSPDT03110149E_FINAL.pdf

5954742413_bbb4dd42a9_z.jpg

5954735493_28edf0cc0c_b.jpg

The price increase will hit on October 4, 2011.

Get Started - Wireless from AT&T

The monthly insurance price will increase to $6.99/month and the deductible will be $199.

Thanks AT&T!

Last edited:

Rocket75

May 20, 2011
Visit site
If you get insurance now won't it be locked in to 120?

I'm pretty sure it won't, because they use Assurion, your deductible is paid to them not AT&T. I recently worked for Sprint and Assurion hiked most of the deductibles from $100 to $150 for PDA's, and no nobody was locked in when the rate when up it went up for everyone, I would assume the same for AT&T since Assurion is a 3rd party company.

GotBCI

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
According to the ATT folks I spoke with today the Infuse is "junk" and will
likely be reformated to a better chassis etc . . . . aka:Razor
The returns and malfunctioning units are off the scale in many states,they are loosing their @ss-ets with this platform
All this "cool" is costing ATT

Sorry I lost connection and could not finish the post)

Last edited:

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Unless they changed their policy, they reserve the right to replace it with a different phone they deem "equivalent". I got burned by that about 5-6 years ago, they sent me a completely different phone lacking half the features I cared about. They said there was nothing they could do, they (assurion, not at&t) didn't have that phone in stock, so it was this phone or nothing. And that's with the deductible, and minus what i paid each month for it. Oh, and to top it off that other phone I got was refurbished.

Never touched it since.

If you need insurance, I'd go with a third party insurance. I've heard some people say decent things about squaretrade warranties. I haven't used them myself but I would go there before I ever touch Assurion again.

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The returns and malfunctioning units are off the scale in many states,they are loosing their @ss-ets with this platform

This is the first I've heard of this. Everyone I've spoke to, and everywhere I've read, has said the Samsung Infuse is a solid phone. My friend actually works at an At&T corporate store and has said that he has only seen a couple returned from the hundreds he has seen go out. I performs as well as most other of the top end Samsung phones.

I have friends with iphone 4, Atrix, Galaxy II, and other higher end phones and they all want the Infuse and loved the responsiveness and solid feel of it.

The only issue I've had is a few random shut offs without warning. But beyond that so far I've been happy with it.

estebanj

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't apply if you already have a phone, but if you buy it at TGT Mobile ($50 until Saturday 7/23), they offer a $99 plan for 2 years. No deductible, no shipping fee. This is a bit more than $4/month for the life of the 2 year contract (buy you pay it in full at the beginning). I personally didn't get it for my Infuse, but wanted to mention it.

Also, consider your Family Plan options as insurance. Say one of your lines qualifies for renewal, you can use that to get the phone you want and just switch it to whichever number you need. I think ATT calls this a "cross upgrade" and is a common thing. I've done it twice, including now with my Infuse. I upgraded my wife's line, but she kept her device and number. The Infuse was put on my line, which was still under contract. Her's got extended for 2 years, and mine gets off contract at the end of the year, so my "risk" is only from now until December if anything were to happen.

Yet another option is to add a $10 line to your Family Plan. This will allow you to get whichever phone you need under contract. I'm not saying $10/month additional is cheap, but it may be an option for some people.

Esteban

Disclaimer: I don't work for TGT. Just shop there a lot.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This is the first I've heard of this. Everyone I've spoke to, and everywhere I've read, has said the Samsung Infuse is a solid phone. My friend actually works at an At&T corporate store and has said that he has only seen a couple returned from the hundreds he has seen go out. I performs as well as most other of the top end Samsung phones.

I have friends with iphone 4, Atrix, Galaxy II, and other higher end phones and they all want the Infuse and loved the responsiveness and solid feel of it.

The only issue I've had is a few random shut offs without warning. But beyond that so far I've been happy with it.

Exactly, I don't believe what he said because I've never heard that and this is actually the first phone that I haven't had be super full of bugs.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Im reading this post, and feeling like Im dumb. Please, dont ever post nonsense like this again. I might have to go back to 2nd grade to re-learn everything again.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Im reading this post, and feeling like Im dumb. Please, dont ever post nonsense like this again. I might have to go back to 2nd grade to re-learn everything again.

It's not even true. Smh... lol someone lied to him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The insurance premium is also going up to $6.99/month after 10/4/11. Between that and the $199 deductible, insurance really isn't a very good deal anymore...

Last edited:

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The insurance premium is also going up to $6.99/month. Between that and the $199 deductible, insurance really isn't a very good deal anymore...

Damn are they gonna send an email?? I hope so. Think I'm gonna cancel and go for squaretrade!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

achysklic

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got off phone with att&t they stated monthly rate will increase to 6.99 in oct. However the deductable will remain at 125 no raise. I asked them to confirm this again they called their insurance company and confirmed it will remain 125 deductable. The infuse will remain tier 2. The iphone is what is getting moved to tier 3.

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got off phone with att&t they stated monthly rate will increase to 6.99 in oct. However the deductable will remain at 125 no raise. I asked them to confirm this again they called their insurance company and confirmed it will remain 125 deductable. The infuse will remain tier 2. The iphone is what is getting moved to tier 3.

Here are screenshots taken straight from the brochure available online:

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/en_US/pdf/INSPDT03110149E_FINAL.pdf

5954742413_bbb4dd42a9_z.jpg

5954735493_28edf0cc0c_b.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781