[Q] syncing contacts

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
Just picked up one of these the other day for work, and I don't see an option to choose which account to sync my new contacts with. On all my other android phones, when I add a new contact, there is an option of which google account I'd like to set it to. With this phone, it is only saving new contacts to the phone, and not to any google account. Am I missing something?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Run your stock contact app. Hit settings, then more, then settings. At the top of the list you can choose which account to save contacts to. In your case, you'd select "Always Ask". When you go to create a new contact, a popup will allow you to select which account to save it to.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: GivenToFly

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
Thanks, I had tried that already, but it was still defaulting to the phone's phone book. I also noticed the other day that the phone wasn't remembering my bookmarks, and some other settings, so I took it back to att, and they told me they had seen this before, and gave me another phone, and all seems to be good now.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I had tried that already, but it was still defaulting to the phone's phone book. I also noticed the other day that the phone wasn't remembering my bookmarks, and some other settings, so I took it back to att, and they told me they had seen this before, and gave me another phone, and all seems to be good now.
That's awesome! I'm so glad it worked out and thanks for posting about it. I wasn't aware that this was an issue with some phones. I have 7 different email addresses, so saving contacts to the appropriate account was important to me. I would have been frustrated if it hadn't worked. Glad everything is working well for you now!

SkySoldier

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome! I'm so glad it worked out and thanks for posting about it. I wasn't aware that this was an issue with some phones. I have 7 different email addresses, so saving contacts to the appropriate account was important to me. I would have been frustrated if it hadn't worked. Glad everything is working well for you now!

I also have a handful of email accounts on my phone, my problem is that in my haste (ignorance) I have added many contacts to many different groups. This has bothered me since I "discovered" the many groups my contacts are spread out to! Any way to get them all in one group? Actually I would prefer to put them all on my phone, as I do not sync my contacts. Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com

Since this is my business phone, I share contacts with another manager through our gmail calendar account, so It's very important to be able to add a contact on my phone, and have it sync with any phone attached to that account so other managers don't have to ask for a phone number. That would have been a deal breaker but I'm glad it's fixed, because I love this phone.

I also have a handful of email accounts on my phone, my problem is that in my haste (ignorance) I have added many contacts to many different groups. This has bothered me since I "discovered" the many groups my contacts are spread out to! Any way to get them all in one group? Actually I would prefer to put them all on my phone, as I do not sync my contacts. Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

I don't believe there is any way to go back and change the account once you've added it in, unless there is a market app or something for that.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Someone else will probably chime in with a much better answer but, couldn't you make syncing active on your phone, sync to only one gmail account, log into that gmail account from your PC, create a brand new group and move all your contacts there, then go back to your phone to insure the contacts have been synced to the new group you created and then delete your contacts in your gmail account if you don't want them there?

I move contacts from group to group all the time, but I do it in gmail and then it syncs to my phone. It's just easier for me to deal with it this way because I have a gazillion contacts! :)

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Since this is my business phone, I share contacts with another manager through our gmail calendar account, so It's very important to be able to add a contact on my phone, and have it sync with any phone attached to that account so other managers don't have to ask for a phone number. That would have been a deal breaker but I'm glad it's fixed, because I love this phone.

I do something similar with contractors, but we share specific gmail addresses so yes, it was important that I be able to assign each contact to the appropriate gmail address. It was one of the first things I set up on my absolutely, gorgeous Infuse! So far, it's the best business phone I've used in a very, very long time!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn