Gingerbread and the browser

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon. I just finished watching the hands on update of gingerbread on the atrix and it looks fantastic. The Infuse is a great phone but I am disappointed with the browser. You can't keep the plug in always on because it bogs it down. You can't scroll the page without checkerboarding until the page completely loads. These may be petty items to some but I am on the web plenty. Does anyone believe that the gingerbread update will come with browser enhancements? I almost want to go back to the Inspire just to have a better browsing experience. The email client could use an update as well.

Any input will be appreciated.

Good day.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried any of the Browsers (Dolphin, Firefox, Opera) available on the Android market? You may have a better experience using one of those. Same thing goes for the e-mail client. I use K-9 for my e-mail client, and have found it to be far superior to the stock e-mail.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I have tried them all. Opera is the best in my opinion but I really like the stock if it worked properly. Something about opera seems too jumpy when i scroll. Other than that, it is fine. I have yet to try k9. I know it is available but I dont like adding apps when the phone already has it built in. I may meed to get over this. I typically only download games for my child. I'm not one to download apps just to have them.

I appreciate your feedback.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
With the dolphin browser I don't experience any of the issues you listed. Actually its the best I've used compared to any device.
I was incredibly dissatisfied with the stock infuse browser. Drove me nuts. But once I found dolphin Im totally good.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have tried them all. Opera is the best in my opinion but I really like the stock if it worked properly. Something about opera seems too jumpy when i scroll. Other than that, it is fine. I have yet to try k9. I know it is available but I dont like adding apps when the phone already has it built in. I may meed to get over this. I typically only download games for my child. I'm not one to download apps just to have them.

I appreciate your feedback.
I had somewhat the same mentality. But that's the beauty of the Android market. There are many options out there. And if you don't like the app, you delete it from your device. You will find that some of the apps that you can download have the funtionality and customization that you might be looking for. It minimizes the hesitation. Trust me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800