Charging Current

bcarpman

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what current is necessary to properly charge an Infuse?

I've been having trouble charging my infuse. Some chargers (including any USB cable) hardly charge at all. Ex: When attached to USB, the phone will barely go from 40% to 60% after being connected all night. I installed "CurrentWiget" to monitor current, and I found the various USB connections on my computers put out between 500 and 600ma. An aftermarket wall charger puts out about 750ma and charges a bit faster. The charger that came with the phone charges reasonably well (but still not to spec) and puts out 1100ma. This seems like a LOT of current to charge a 1900mah battery!

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my phone. Anyone have any thoughts?

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought some chargers labeled as 500ma and found that they did not charge the phone at all. In one case I left the phone running GPS, mobile data and wifi while charging overnight and it actually lost charge overnight while plugged to the charger. I now have a acharger labelled as 750ma but chargewidget shows it as giving 1101ma. It doesnt charge as fast as I would like but its livable. I have a car charger that's labelled as feeding 1000ma - I havent tried it with chargewidget yet. The phone has overheated several times to the point that it announces that it is shutting down to avoiod damage to battery.

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't trust third party chargers. Since my battery is so precious to me, unless the charger is manufactured or given a thumbs up by Sammy, I don't use it. That's just me though

bcarpman

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like mine isn't unusual? Has anyone done any charge time experiments on theirs using the Samsung charger? The ATT site says 4 hours for full charge. I don't think mine is anywhere near that. Wondering if it's worth trying to get a warrenty exchange if there's an issue.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the Infuse is stubborn with other chargers.I picked up an car charger from the At&t store,and it doesn't work unless I lean it against my mid console,which seems to push the connector pins inside to get a better connection.Lately I've been using the cable cord that came with the cord to plug int the USB port with my griffin FM transmitter while I'm on the road.I have tried an generic wall charger that my friend let me use while at work cause I for my charging cable,and the phone seemed to not acknowledge that it was even connected to a charger,no matter what I tried to do to get a connection,the phone would still be using it's battery power.

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
After bcarpman mentioned CurrentWidget I downloaded it and found that my wall chargers, which are all labeled as 750ma output, all deliver about 1100ma, and my car charger which is labeled 1000ma is delivering in excess of 4000ma. What's the deal, are all my chargers defective in the same way at once? (seems unlikely) . . . or is currentwidget overreporting the current? Or maybe the output current on the transformer label is not supposed to be an accurate number, maybe it's a minimum guarantee, like "guaranteed to produce no less than 750ma"

Anybody know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool