reflash with odin

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
How do I reflash my firmware with Odin? My infuse is stuck on the "samsung" openning screen, and wont go any further. I believe my firmware was corrupted. Prior to this my infuse would only say "Downloading Target, DO not Turn Off" I have no idea what this means, and my infuse is NOT rooted. Ideas?

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Odin doesn't work well with the infuse,it's a very complicated process,I searched on youtube to try and flash my infuse cause of an different problem then yours,where my home screen was just coming up blank but the notification bar and some other key buttons that still worked.Here's the link that I was using from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDtxnH4lFuk,and I know its a vid for the captivate,but the process is the same for all samsung devices.Here's a link that briefly describes the process for odin How To Restore Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-i997 Firmware UCKE3 | Royal Repairs - Computer Repair Blog If you can't get your phone to go into download mode,then you might as well send it into samsung.You might want to try a factory reset also,but it may not fix your problem,here's the link on how to do a reset Samsung i997 Infuse 4G hard reset - PDA Smartphone PNA hard reset soft reset

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
the factory reset (holding the power button along with the volume buttons) does not work for me. And my guess is i wont be able to use odin anyways if i have a mac...

If i send it to samsung what will they do for me?

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you turn off the phone before you did the hard reset and if you called Samsung before sending it in they'll go threw some other options with you, if none don't work,they'll send you an email for a free shipping label. All they will do is run tests on the phone to figure out what the issue is. Then they'll end up restoring the software, which is what they did to my phone cause I wasn't able to access any of the settings on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci