Android Character Icon GONE?

IAINTTHE1

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys this might be a dumb question but Im really new to androids. I had the Inspire for a few days before I got my INFUSE (had to exchange inspire it was HEAVY and was already messing up)and when I had the inspire when somebody would call or I would call out that little green alien ANDROID Character would appear if I didnt already have that persons pic saved to their contact. I like that lil guy lol but now that I have the infuse I dont see that that character when I dial out or get a call. HMMMM It feels like my phone isnt a droid without that guy. My friends infuse HAD the character so WHY DOESNT MINE???? Does anyone else have this issue or is it normal NOT to have it??? Helppppp please I would like that one my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

estebanj

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android Character Icon GONE????

That may be an Inspire, HTC or Launcher specific feature. I don't have it on my stock Infuse.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
As I stated on your "other" posts, you will need to "root" the phone in order to change the default phone dialer image. At least on most phones.

As you wanted an explanation of what root is, there is tons of info on this site explaining what it is.

Basically, a "branded" phone and most non-branded (HTC, Moto, sprint, Verizon, etc) has the android system protected. In other words, you can't delete or modify system files and apps, on branded phones, you can't uninstall the " useful bonus feature apps". This is done to protect the user from doing stupid n00b things, and cut down on tech support.

Rooting your phone provides access to the Android OS. It also allows to install a custom OS (Rom), not to mention some apps require root access.

Note, that it VOIDS your warranty when you do this, so don't expect support from the carriers and manufacturers.

I suggest you read all the info here at AC pertaining to root and Rom, hacks, etc, before you jump into it. And read it 10 times until you understand fully what you are getting into, and the problems that could arise if you can't follow instructions.

If you choose to do so, we'll lend some advice. ;)

SniperTANKez

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I flashed Serendipity VII's Gingerbread ROM and i believe i have what you are talking about. I think it looks pretty cool.

On a side not, and not meant to thread-jack, Serendipity VIII is amazing. I absolutely love it. Anyone thinking about flashing to a different ROM should really consider this one. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084