Cannot connect to PC after moisture damage?

dupont2005

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I had some moisture damage on my new Infuse about two weeks ago. At least that's what the lady at the ATT store said. I never spilled anything on it but I work construction and it's possible sweat seeped through my pocket I guess. Seems pretty odd that it would destroy a phone but whatever. It all the sudden quit charging. While dealing with the hassle of contacting customer service it started charging again, about two days later. So I started using it again and gave up on the insurance claim. Then I took some photos and wanted to upload them to my computer. This is when I realized it no longer has USB connection. It will charge but not connect like an external storage device. I took out the battery and sim card and left it in rice for about two days. Nothing has changed:(
So, is there any way to fix this? At first the computer would recognize that a device was plugged in and say it was malfunctioned, now it doesn't even do that. I would much rather not go through insurance, especially since I have only had it two months. To be honest the phone has been quite a disappointment, but if I can get it working again I would be very happy. Thanks in advance for any help:D

dupont2005

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
When I unplug it and plug it back in it very quickly flashes a menu and the first option says something like "Kip Firmware" but it goes away too quick for me to do anything.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
is the battery indicator all pink?
If so it was dropped in water, etc.
Sweat won't cause it to do that.

If it is new it should be under warranty because if there is no proof of water damage then I would say it's a usb port issue.

Uninstall the drivers on your pc and see if that helps?

dupont2005

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The battery area is blue and it charges fine now. For about two days it would not charge though. The lady at the ATT store said she could see a green hue to the metal in the plug hole and that it was water damaged and warranty wouldn't cover it. That's when she gave me the info to the insurance. It now charges fine and it was definitely not dropped in water. It was a Friday night when I plugged it in and realized it wasn't charging. I don't remember any water getting on it that day. It sits in my shirt pocket and I wear a safety vest over that. I thought it was odd that it would get water damaged like that.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would call ATT and say it hasn't been working right. I don't think you would be lying like some do to get a newer phone. Just be honest about it not connecting to the computer. I think your Han port on the phone is shorting out.

estebanj

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
On mine, when I connect via USB to the PC, the option screen for what type of connection I want comes up and stays up until I cancel or select one.

Just for testing, try a different USB cable, different USB port, and different PC.

Good luck.

estebanj

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This is now happening to me, but I haven't had any moisture damage. Simply got home last night and phone wouldn't connect to USB. I then went to charge via wall charger and it wouldn't charge. Battery pull and it started charging. Today, phone thinks it's connected to USB (showing USB icon on notification bar), but cable is not connected. If I connect to the PC, it charges but PC does not see the phone.

nikhilpandey

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
HI,
Are you willing to sell your Samsung INFUSE?
I just need to know if the screen is in shape or not.

email at nikhil<dot>sukhi<at>gmail<dot>com

Nik

Steve42083

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My Infuse recently stopped working altogether. The battery moisture indicator is pink, however the one above the battery (round one) is not. Nor is the one in the headphone jack. I work construction as well, and when you get a call on a hot day, the sweat from your ear/face/hair has a tendency to get the phone a little wet. I didn't think it would damage it, as the moisture was always on the surface of the screen and not really enough to penetrate to the inside of the phone.

Of course, this happened literally 5 days after the warranty expired. All summer I was using the phone and getting it a little wet from sweat, but it was on a day that was not particularly hot that it up and quit on me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney