Okay, I just got my Infuse today and loaded apps and widgets. After I was done placing my widgets, I got curious in rooting my phone. So I debugged my phone and connected it to my computer. Then, I enabled mass storage. Before doing anything else, I realized I would just wait until 2.3 comes out so I don't run into any complications upgrading. So i disconnected my phone and turned off debugging. To my surprise, 3 of my widgets, Pandora, Pulse News, and Android System Infos' widgets were uninstalled and I couldn't install them again. So I was wondering if there was a way to fix this, and if anyone else if experiencing this problem? Also, when I uninstall the app and reinstall I can place the widget. The apps were default to install on the supplied 2GB micro sd card. Please help.
    09-10-2011 07:51 PM
    Please note that any app that is installed on sd card, the widget that comes with it will not function properly if you reboot your phone. The bootup process does not load the apps on sd card til last. (you see it mounting/unmounting/scanning media) By that time the homescreens have been loaded already and are now showing blank where the widget is supposed to be. You need to move the app to th the phones internal memory (settings/applications/manage applications/sd card. Tap on app then choose Move to Phone) Once you do that, you can reload the widget and no longer goes away on reboot. If you go any further than rooting your phone, please get to know Android
    09-11-2011 05:36 AM
    Please note that any app that is installed on sd card, the widget that comes with it will not function properly if you reboot your phone. The bootup process does not load the apps on sd card til last. (you see it mounting/unmounting/scanning media) By that time the homescreens have been loaded already and are now showing blank where the widget is supposed to be. You need to move the app to th the phones internal memory (settings/applications/manage applications/sd card. Tap on app then choose Move to Phone) Once you do that, you can reload the widget and no longer goes away on reboot. If you go any further than rooting your phone, please get to know Android
    Okay thanks, I moved the apps that were being affected to the phone's memory. The widgets stay after a reboot now. Is there a same issue in Gingerbread? Also, is there a way to install apps to the phone's internal storage by default?

P.S. I'm am an absolute noob when it comes to Android.
    09-11-2011 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD