custom rom installation questions

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm tired of waiting for the gingerbread and various other things are annoying me, so figure I might as well try infused or some of the other custom roms and see how well I like those.

I looked at the thread on xda on it, and I see some referring to a "wipe" version and a "no wipe" version.

I see the instructions mention it has a step to "reinstall packages". Call me vain but I want to make sure I do not lose progress in various games I've been running. Will this wipe it out, even if I reinstall? Is there a standard way to back that up then recover them? Can I just hook it up to my PC and copy files then copy them back?

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Use Titanium backup to backup all your apps. When you re-install them later on, restore apps and data but do not restore system apps (unless the specific ROM you chose allows you to. Most don't and will hinder your phone in various ways). Doing this will save your progress in games

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you need the pay version of titanium backup or is the free one enough for this purpose?

Free will work but if you start doing a lot of flashing the paid is faster at restoring and backing up. You can also have multiple copies of backups with paid. That's useful if you need to roll back to an older version ib case the updated version is buggy or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.... sorry for so many questions on this.

I got it and ran the backups on everything. Is that stored on the SD card? Do I need to copy it elsewhere before I try to install the ROM? I

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae