WMP, Drivers and Kies

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, on my home machine (W7 Home 64-bit) when I hooked up my infuse to my PC in media player mode, it shows up as a device I can sync to from Windows Media Player. Which is great because that lets me sync my content from the Zune Marketplace which is where I have most of my stuff (I mostly use my ZuneHD in my car now).

I tried this on a second machine... running W7 Ultimate, also 64-bit) and it refused to recognize it. Kept saying "connect a device...". I tried this is media player mode, and for the heck of it also tried it in mass storage and kies mode. I had been unfamliar with Kies...

I searched online and found a link to Samsung Kies. It mentioned some drivers as part of it, so I figured why not install it. I had thought it was for firmware, but it also mentioned syncing stuff including music. Okay, it installed.

Kies then informed me that my device was not compatable with Kies, even when connected in Kies mode.

But I noticed that Windows Media Player now recognized my infuse... with one caveat, only when connected in Kies mode, not Media Player mode. Weird. I got my music, but still confused.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop,and usually once I connect my phone to my laptop,it'll take a little bit before it shows my phone,but it thinks that it'll need to connect via threw bluetooth too on the computer.If you're trying to put files or media on your phone,just connect it and on the phone tap media player mode or let the computer just take a few to recognize it.Once the computer recognizes the phone,open up my computer or your libraries files,try opening up two windows on this cause one will be used to open your media files that you'll be using to drag to the next window that will be your phones files.Look for removable disk in one of your windows cause that'll be your phones file folder,and if you have an micro sd card,you will see two removable disk folders.For Kies,it's more for firmware updates,so if you're planning on rooting the phone or doing any custom mods then you don't need to use it till then.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh the storage devices mode always works fine.

This is just for media player, because if I sync through that the zune DRM issues work themselves out somehow. I still need to refresh them every once in awhile to refresh the licenses as they expire (the same is true of the actual zune player, the license is only to a certain point in the future so that way it needs to refresh (thus making sure you're still subscribed to your zune pass), but this way I can get access to the (mostly) unlimited stuff from their marketplace.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never tried syncing my stuff with Zune,and I'll have to try this sometime.I use an torrent site to download my movies and an MP3 downloader app for my music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn