insufficient storage for apps

ifellasleep

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Im trying to download third blade android game and i keep getting a error saying not sufficient memory. The thing is Im sure i have almost 1.4 gigs free and thats with 10apps downloaded. any suggestions? I tried deleting all my apps and still nothing. Ive erased all my apps,formatted sd card and restart my phone any suggestions?

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I went threw this issue awhile back ago and posted it in another thread.The issue is with the android market so you'll need to go into your settings,then applications,to manage applications(screen shot 1) and look for market(screen shot 2).Choose market,then uninstall updates(screen shot 3),and go to the android market once you've uninstalled the updates.After that open the android market,agree to the terms,and try downloading your app.

Reactions: jeddy18 and fox0137

ifellasleep

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
That worked. Quick question I noticed that im now in the older market place i say that because i not i notice im not able to rent/buy movies from the marketplace. I guess I have to loose that feature to make sure all my apps download properly dont I?

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Usually it takes awhile before it'll go back to the new market,and don't worry cause you'll be able to rent/buy movies after it re-updates,but for now, uninstalling the updates is a quick fix for the insufficient space issue when it won't download apps.

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried downloading that game too,,and followed all the advice everyone mentioned and It didnt work for me,,so I emailed the programmer/creator of the game and they said there`s other android phones are having problems too,,its their game not our phones.

kklaut

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Usually it takes awhile before it'll go back to the new market,and don't worry cause you'll be able to rent/buy movies after it re-updates,but for now, uninstalling the updates is a quick fix for the insufficient space issue when it won't download apps.

thx ,this work now i can download with no probleam,samsung gti9000.;)

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I was the one who started the other thread. Same issue, but with the Facebook application. The suggested fix did not work for me.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling the app then installing it again,and I haven't ran into that problem with downloading an app.Usually the way I mentioned on the fix does the trick but I'll repost if I hear anything different.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried uninstalling and then installing it again. That didn't work. I did find something weird. So I went under Manage Applications, and under Third Party. I uninstalled the Facebook application. Then, just because I was looking around I went under All applications. Sure enough, the Facebook application is there (Version 1.5.2). I wasn't expecting it there since I had uninstalled it. Anyway, the only available options are Clear Data, and Force Stop. Uninstall button is low-lit, so I cannot remove it. App is residing on the phone, and not the SD Card.

fox0137

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I went threw this issue awhile back ago and posted it in another thread.The issue is with the android market so you'll need to go into your settings,then applications,to manage applications(screen shot 1) and look for market(screen shot 2).Choose market,then uninstall updates(screen shot 3),and go to the android market once you've uninstalled the updates.After that open the android market,agree to the terms,and try downloading your app.

Thanks for the tip, worked like a charm.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
it happens to me all the time, but never did before the update. I think it has something to so with the update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You can't fully take facebook off cause it's integrated into the software with this phone,but I was hoping that after you unistalled the update of the app that it would work when you re-installed.I'm still looking for a fix for this issue but you may need to do a factory reset.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
factory reset? wouldn't that entail me wiping out everything on my phone (apps, pics, movies, etc..) and then reloading from the market? If that is the case, I may as well just go the way of rooting my phone.

Is there a way to backup any of my files, or do I just need to move them over to my pc, and then back if needed.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset will wipe everything you have,and rooting your phone is a good way to open your phone to save your apps threw titanium backup,plus you can remove any bloatware the phone has.If all you're worried about is updating the facebook app,then I wouldn't worry to much and if you feel like rooting your phone,check out youtube videos and the other info the the Infuse forums.

jtroy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So other than uninstalling the market app to go back to the previous version is there a more permanent fix for this problem? Seems that we cant download any apps larger than 30mb which is stupid and im amazed that there would be any such limitation.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
For right now,uninstalling the updates for the android market is a temporary fix,and haven't had any luck on finding other solutions.Perhaps the upgrade that is coming to the market will correct this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol