Wi Fi Issues

DonParkhill1964

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
hi all

I have just got the Infuse. Yesterday when I got it home, I locked into my home wi fi. No problem, it saw the network, I put in the password, and on I got.

Woke up this morning, and no connection. Re entered password, tried to do it by adding a new wi fi network etc. So now, the phone sees the network, and under the name of the network, the status says Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.

Also, under WI FI, it states disabled, even though it continues scanning. I have seen some posts out there saying there is a Network manager app out there, but should this not be an easy thing for Samsung to get right?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks...:)

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a lot of wifi issues though it seems less so after the last update.

I'm hoping one of the roms (infused or serendipity) will fix them altogether...

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you do a cold restart on the WiFi and the phone. Then get WiFi Fixer from the market and see if that helps. I have connected to more hotspots than I can count with my Infuse, so far all protected with at least WPA2 and my business customer's sites with no problems.

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
hi all

I have just got the Infuse. Yesterday when I got it home, I locked into my home wi fi. No problem, it saw the network, I put in the password, and on I got.

Woke up this morning, and no connection. Re entered password, tried to do it by adding a new wi fi network etc. So now, the phone sees the network, and under the name of the network, the status says Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.

Also, under WI FI, it states disabled, even though it continues scanning. I have seen some posts out there saying there is a Network manager app out there, but should this not be an easy thing for Samsung to get right?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks...:)

sounds like you might want to restart your router...every once in a while, with my home wifi, I notice that I can't connect...and its because I need to restart the router. I do that, and boom, reconnected to wifi. I've never had an issue connecting to wifi with the Infuse.

xfile

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I had to schedule my Belkin router to restart frequently...no problems now. Hit 22-23 Mbps down all the time now.....was sporadic with my Infuse before that.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
sounds like you might want to restart your router...every once in a while, with my home wifi, I notice that I can't connect...and its because I need to restart the router. I do that, and boom, reconnected to wifi. I've never had an issue connecting to wifi with the Infuse.

^^^This. I have had this happen on several occasions. After restarting the router, everything was fine.

sent from my EPIC TOUCH 4G, GALAXY SII

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Infuse wifi is weak and sometime(most of the time) needs the wifi radio shut off and then back on to reconnect when you leave a wifi network or join another. This is my main beef with this phone since I have 200mb data and wifi management is important. First ATT phone 4.5" screen or bigger with better resolution and I'm switching.

xfile

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
My wifi is the same....shut off and turn back on for it to work...very irritating. Needed for different networks.... so I know it is the phone. Otherwise, great phone.

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My wifi is the same....shut off and turn back on for it to work...very irritating. Needed for different networks.... so I know it is the phone. Otherwise, great phone.
You have to restart your home router? Or the phone?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk