Infuse and 3g microcell

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have problem connecting the Infuse or Captivate to 3g microcell? I am talking about voice only since I use wifi at home. I can have the full signal strength on the microcell and the two Samsung phones few feet away not connecting to it. The signal strength from the tower is 1 bar so it is not because the tower over powering the microcell. The connection is unpredictable, it connects sometimes but once it is disconnected, there is no sure way to get it back. I know all the "tricks" AT&T tech support had to offer, like switching on and off to flight mode, power cycle the phone, removing the battery, power cycle the microcell, router, modem etc. Right now I am waiting for new simcards. Meanwhile I put a simcard to my old Razr phone and it connected to the microcell with no hesitation. The AT&T explanation was the Razr is a less sensitive device and there for it skip over the tower signal and log onto the microcell. Sounded pretty far fetch to me. At this point, if the new simcards do not work, I will be looking for a new provider.