Got my replacement infuse, but...

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I guess my other one is bricked...it wont go past the SAMSUNG logo screen...and i had rooted it maybe 2 days before and it started out as loading up but it just kept kinda rebooting over and over again..so i wiped all the user data..then the logo screen started...my problem is...how will i know if when i wiped the user data the phone was unrooted...because i really cant afford to pay $500 lol...if any one could possibly answer this it would be greatly appreciated :D

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You're scaring me because I just rooted my phone today. I didn't flash any roms tho. Why do you think it did that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
lol i seriously dont know what happened...i had just texted someone and set my phone down...i picked it up and it had rebooted...thinking it was just one random reboot...but it just kept rebooting over and over again...and i hadnt downloaded any roms or anything...it could have just been my phone...but idk...i hadnt really done anything with the root...i just downloaded a font changer...never got time to download roms or anything...but im to scared too root this one...but thats me...i dont want to scare you about it...i must have just done something wrong...i just used superoneclick..so i dont think i did anything wrong with the root

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
lol i seriously dont know what happened...i had just texted someone and set my phone down...i picked it up and it had rebooted...thinking it was just one random reboot...but it just kept rebooting over and over again...and i hadnt downloaded any roms or anything...it could have just been my phone...but idk...i hadnt really done anything with the root...i just downloaded a font changer...never got time to download roms or anything...but im to scared too root this one...but thats me...i dont want to scare you about it...i must have just done something wrong...i just used superoneclick..so i dont think i did anything wrong with the root

It prolly was the font changer app. It says right in the comments of that app that "it sometimes will mess up and be sure you have recovery nandroid",,, here's the comments page of the app...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.martino2k6.fontchangerlite&hl=en

I specifically installed nandroid just so i could use this app, and its been 3 days of constant use and i haven't seen one issue....and i've also had it installed on every phone in the past without issue, so it seems it might not be "playing nice" with some other app you use : )

On the upside, if you get up and running again and want to change ur font, the Infuse is the ONLY phone i've seen that comes with an "onboard font changer"... (other than the other SGS's) under "settings/display/font/get more fonts"... You may have to pay 99 cents for a font u like, but you won't need font changer app...

BTC

Last edited:

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It prolly was the font changer app. It says right in the comments of that app that "it sometimes will mess up and be sure you have recovery nandroid",,, here's the comments page of the app...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.martino2k6.fontchangerlite&hl=en

I specifically installed nandroid just so i could use this app, and its been 3 days of constant use and i haven't seen one issue....and i've also had it installed on every phone in the past without issue, so it seems it might not be "playing nice" with some other app you use : )

On the upside, if you get up and running again and want to change ur font, the Infuse is the ONLY phone i've seen that comes with an "onboard font changer"... (other than the other SGS's) under "settings/display/font/get more fonts"... You may have to pay 99 cents for a font u like, but you won't need font changer app...

BTC

You can also you use rom toolbox to change fonts once rooted.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tab using Tapatalk

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! But is there anyway to tell if the root is off if I couldn't get it back on? Would just clearing user data get rid of it?

Also I was under warranty so they sent me another one according to that

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
You're scaring me because I just rooted my phone today. I didn't flash any roms tho. Why do you think it did that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Just rooting your phone shouldn't cause any problems. Reboots can be cause by a lot of different things.

One is not following step by step instructions when installing a ROM.

If if does brick or you can't get back into recovery, use GTG's Ultimate Unbrick.