Your phone is not compatible - after using LCD Density

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I used LCD Density to change my screen resolution, but I didn't like it (in particular because while it kinda worked, the extra area was not usable, could not put icons there or anything).

I'm running infused 1.6 fwiw.

So I set the resolution back to the system default of 240.

Now, I find whenever I go into the market, it tells me my phone is not compatible with this application and it does not let me download or install it.

I tried toggling the density again to no avail.

I then uninstalled LCD Density.

It then let me download apps again.

anyway just wanted to post this as a warning. There may be other density changers that do not have this problem. It could be a combination of my rom (infused 1.6) and this app. Who knows. Just know I'm glad to have my market back.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I used LCD Density to change my screen resolution, but I didn't like it (in particular because while it kinda worked, the extra area was not usable, could not put icons there or anything).

I'm running infused 1.6 fwiw.

So I set the resolution back to the system default of 240.

Now, I find whenever I go into the market, it tells me my phone is not compatible with this application and it does not let me download or install it.

I tried toggling the density again to no avail.

I then uninstalled LCD Density.

It then let me download apps again.

anyway just wanted to post this as a warning. There may be other density changers that do not have this problem. It could be a combination of my rom (infused 1.6) and this app. Who knows. Just know I'm glad to have my market back.

Its JUST the ap alone. I am rooted but not running any ROM and i started getting that message immediately. For me the fix was removing market updates and having the old market back (which i liked better than new market anyway) but for those who MUST have the NEW Market, you have to sacrifice the LCD Density.

In case anyone is interested in doing it, here's the forum post i followed:

New Market keeps replacing the old Market... [Archive] - xda-developers

(they did it just because they didn't like the NEW Market, but outcome is the same: LCD Density works well with it, and i never saw that "your device is not compatible" msg again....

BTC