Samsung Infuse on T-Mobile?

mar101895

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to get 3g or even 4g? I was thinking about getting the new T-Mobile 30 dollar plan, but didn't like T-Mobile's offerings. Plus, the infuse is cheap on eBay .

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it should work, although I don't know if you will get 4G speeds, since the Infuse was manufactured specifically for ATT's HSPA+.
If you're switching carriers, you might as well buy one of their phones though. Their Amaze 4G and SGSII are really nice phones.

mrbogusbaxter

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Infuse on T-Mobile? -YES it works WAY Better! on TM!)

I have been using my ATT infuse on my TMOBILE account and YES, it works not a problem.
The unlock tool easily opened up the networks for me. I have a PAY AS YOU GO sim card I need to finish out.

I will say one thing that the phone works 10,000 X BETTER
on TMobile's net work than AT&T. + ALSO it downloads some TMOBILE market apps that ATT charges a FORTUNE FOR!

First off, the phone only shows EDGE speed when using TM though I truly believe that is not the case.
I have done various testing speeds, etc, etc and it BLOWS away ATT signal. The reception is FIVE BARS while using ATT im lucky to get 2 bars.

I have had D/L speeds (not using WIFI) just TMOBILE coverage of up to 17-20 MB. Consistent.
When hooked into TMOBILE , the market allows you some GREAT stock apps (yes stock)
including a FULL TELENET NAV GPS + also a full FREE QIK Video Chatting which has blown me away on how quick and tight it works. QIK is fully unlocked for TMOBILE where as on ATT they charge you monthly. All free video chatting w/video messenger back and forth to who ever you like. no software restrictions.. I have unlimited so no probs.

Hope this info helps!

ImInfused

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Idk about you guys, but ive never seen my phone or any of the 5 infuses ive had so far show a "3G" icon.
I believe thats this phone goes all or nothing. So if you dont get HSPA+, all you will get is Edge. no 3G speeds.

dantheezell

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, confusing considering the guts of the infuse only support the 3g wavelengths of ATT. I am pretty sure the only data network you can use an infuse on in Tmobile is EDGE....

edfromkc

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

mrbogusbaxter

I have a question for you about what you said about the Infuse working fine on tmobile. I recently got the infuse and unlocked it so that it would work as well on Tmobile however I have noticed that when sending text messages I have to make it short and not with any pictures in order for it to go. I also noticed that I don't get messages unless I turn the phone off and back on. Did you have any problems like that or am I missing something here on my side that I still need to do in order for that to work? Hit me back home64155@kc.rr com Thanks

fred1774

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I have the infuse with tmobile too. May I ask how do I get my portable hotspot working with the phone.

Tim Brown2

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
i have the infuse on tmobile and where i live i dont get 3g or 4g but when i go somewhere else in town or go to a well known town i get outstanding speeds. i was at this store and it had a H on there and i knew that meant 4g and i was surprised i got 4g speeds. coinsidentally there was an att vendor store and they had the iphone 5 on display and i got a speed test on that and on my infuse and my infuse beat atts 4g with full bars. i wish i got LTE so i could see who would of won\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams