Files from phone to pc

dfwvtxman

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
When I connect my infuse to my computer it shows as 2 removable disk drives E and F. But when I click on either it shows no files on either. Trying up upload my pictures.. What am I doing wrong??

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to install the samsung drivers on your pc. Then on your phone, pull down the notification window and it should say something like connect to pc or something like that.

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Your windows is recognizing the phone as a pair of removable disk drives with no media loaded. To get past this:

1. Load drivers to Windows. See Samsung drivers on samsung.com

2. plug USB cable into phone and Windows machine

3. Phone displays a "select USB mode" screen. Select "Mass Storage"

4. Phone displays "USB Connected" page - tap "connect USB storage". Say "OK" when you get the warning that apps will be unable to access the SD.

5. your phone is now accessible. The two disks that come up represent the internal SD and the external SD. The phone memory is not visible.

6. When you are done, click on the "safely remove hardware and eject media" icon in the Windows system tray. Find the option to eject your phone and click it.

7. When you get the message that it is safe to remove hardware, unplug the USB cable

8. The android system may go through a routine with preparing the SD cards, scanning for media, etc. You should let all that stuff complete before expecting to have access to your files.

Last edited:

BrianGoodell

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I cannot update my drivers until I remove the old driver first. Cannot synch or tether my Infuse with the PC since I upgraded the operating system. I don't know how to remove the old drivers. CAn anyone help????

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't know this problem. The driver install process should automatically replace any old driver with the updated driver. Are you logged in to Windows as a System Admin?

cellio

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same issue since day one. Nothing will fix this that I know of either. I have had many Android devices and have never had this problem before. I use wifi transfer for all my files. I am constantly looking to remedy this situation. I have adb access, but I can't get to the internal sd from usb. I've tried Kies, kies mini, and drivers from XDA that did nothing.

Update: Did a flash to stock with Hemidall and no change, but if you really want to do a fresh install of windows....that worked.

Last edited:

cellio

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah, not that simple. I think installing and uninstalling so many times got some things stuck. The easiest thing to do is uninstall from the device manager, but then it still won't load the driver the next time. I just Hemidalled on my laptop, because the drivers on my pc wouldn't work. After it booted my laptop wouldn't recognized it anymore, but my pc did again.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
The Infuse is very picky about usb cables.

Your computer has windows right? windows has a restore feature. Use it and go back to when it was working.

cellio

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I learned my lesson with the usb cables too the hard way. Most other cables will allow a charge, but not tranfer data. As for restore point...I have no clue when it was that it worked. I'm the type of person that will try something everyday to fix it. I'm hoping to get the Skyrocket soon and sell this anyway.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463