Backing up my Infuse

petrpuck

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with my phone. Just calling in and out , not anything else. I called my provider and they suggested I first do a " factory data reset" . So I would like to know how to backup all my data ,so that I can reinstall everything again afterwards. How would I go about this ? TIA

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Titanium Backup. Because you're doing a factory reset, I'd then move the back up file to your computer. Then back to your phone after doing the Reset.

Next, assuming that you have an external sd card, open up your contacts, touch menu, touch Import/Export and export your contacts to the external data card.

Now, when you say "all of my data" just what do you mean? Apps? System Data?

You probably don't want to restore system data as that may just restore the problem. Just restore Missing Apps.

petrpuck

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I use Titanium Backup. Because you're doing a factory reset, I'd then move the back up file to your computer. Then back to your phone after doing the Reset.

Next, assuming that you have an external sd card, open up your contacts, touch menu, touch Import/Export and export your contacts to the external data card.

Now, when you say "all of my data" just what do you mean? Apps? System Data?

You probably don't want to restore system data as that may just restore the problem. Just restore Missing Apps.

Thanks for the reply. Apps , contact info, pics that is what I want to keep. You recommend "Titanium Backup " When I go to the Market, I see " Titanium Backup (star) Root ". Is that what I need ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci