So the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket is just Infuse upgraded

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about "dead" (mine still works just fine, thanks) but with each new AT&T/Samsung Android release, it does become increasingly outdated hardware. That's just the nature of the beast in the non-Apple smartphone world. Of course, AT&T could help matters by keeping its sotware up to date, but we know how that's going, and they really have no incentive to spend the money do so. But yeah, I don't think you'll be seeing any more spider commercials in prime time.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe there is a silver lining to this. Are the devices the same dimensions? If so, it would seem reasonable that us Infuse owners could benefit from the accessories (cases, batteries, etc..) that might be coming out for this thing.

Update:

Maybe not:
Infuse: 5.196 x 2.79 x .35
Skyrocket: 5.15 x 2.75 x .37

Last edited:

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I think its safe to say that the Infuse is dead. what do my fellow Infuser think?

Ya know, I'm starting to think it is dead... in the sense that it won't really be supported anymore. And that really irks me. I love Samsung products -- their reliability, their build, their price -- but I may drop them from my shortlist of preferred brands if they don't follow through with a GB release for this phone.

ShortFuse321

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, ditto. I'm done with Samsung phones if the Infuse isn't updated at least once. Given the state of Android phones (which needs a solution), I can understand not supporting past one major update. I just don't think that when one is tied to a 2-yr contract, this sort of abandonment is fair to customers!

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will matter much. As quickly as things are moving in the phone and tablet world virtually anything you buy will be pretty much obsolete in 3-6 months and ready for a museum in 12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca