Anyone Using The "Official" Infuse Car Dock?

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
So, I've been using the Exomount car dock for several months.

41JNBBPidfL._AA300_.jpg

At first, it worked pretty well. Now I've found that, in cold winter temperatures, it doesn't stick to non-glass surfaces for more than a few minutes.

So, I'm looking at the official AT&T ECS-V1B7BEGSTA vehicle mount for the Infuse.

41SHApHov8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My main question is about the dash mount pad. What is it, exactly? A plastic disc that you use adhesive to stick on the dash; and then stick the suction cup to that disc? My biggest concern is that I don't want something that'll leave permanent marks or adhesive residue on my car's dashboard.

Also, would it be possible to mount it on a vertical surface below eye-level, and angle the phone up so I could see the screen?

Last edited:

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
Okay.. so it looks like it can mount vertically and point up...

VerticalMount.jpg

Next question: can it be angled to the side at all. For reference, here is where I plan on mounting the phone.

PriusFloorConsole.jpg

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay.. so it looks like it can mount vertically and point up...

Click to view quoted image

Next question: can it be angled to the side at all. For reference, here is where I plan on mounting the phone.

Click to view quoted image

To a certain extent yes. I got it and love it. I've used it for navigation, music, and even speakerphone. It.has the glass mount as well as the sticky pad for the dash. The app that goes with it makes using the phone a snap while driving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PharmNerd

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the car dock as well. I threw out the disk, since I have no plan on using it. Attaching it to the windshield using the suction cup works great for me. I have no complaints, it functions as you would expect. The product is well built, and not flimsy. One thing I should mention is that the power cord is not that long. It does stretch, but for it to go from the cigarette lighter to the doc on the windshield it's close to being maxed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech