Samsung Infuse 4G Update?

Swagger_Wagon

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I find myself hitting the software update button on my Infuse almost every day. I don't expect to actually see an update come through, but today an update actually happened! I have no idea what it's for (My Infuse was completely up to date to this point.)

It's a pretty large file that is in the process of downloading. Looks like 19,173kb. It has downloaded about a quarter of it and now it's sort of frozen.

Anyone have an idea what this update might be? I can't imagine that it's the long awaited Gingerbread update we've all been waiting for.

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Infuse 4G Update???

Just cheked on mine and showed that my current software is up to date. I have not seen an update come through on mine since the one that was delivered OTA about six weeks ago (2.2.1 what shows as my current firmware version).

Swagger_Wagon

May 6, 2011
Visit site

I can't get the stupid thing to download all the way. It makes it about halfway and then stops. I guess I need to drive to a better location with better coverage. I think I read somewhere that it doesn't download over wifi.

Once it completes, I'll report back.

ldpalm

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site

Still getting software up to date on mine. Maybe you're just now getting the maintenance upgrade from a few months ago. Also it should download over WiFi.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

You should consider yourself lucky. I"m still on 2.21, UCKD5. I've never gotten an update of any sort.

Swagger_Wagon

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Yes, it was just an update. I'm sorry for ringing the bell without understanding what it was. I know there are a lot of Infuse owners out there waiting for the Gingerbread rollout.

I just can't understand why I have never gotten this update before today. It sounds like Lavman72 had the same issue. Very weird.

Again, sorry for the alarm.

mountaineer

May 29, 2011
Visit site

You should consider yourself lucky. I"m still on 2.21, UCKD5. I've never gotten an update of any sort.

I have the same problem. I got my Infuse in May, and always get the "Software up to date" message when I check. I've got froyo.uckd5, as well. Everyone talks about getting updates, but I've never gotten anything.

Is there something the matter with my phone?

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
fwiw I am on UCKE3. I think there may have been an update in the early summer, not certain. So I'm guessing that I started on UCKD5 like Lavman and Mountaineer, got an update they did not get yet, but did not yet get the UCKH1 update that the rest of you consider old. Meanwhile, software update continues to tell me that my software is up to date.

So, if AT&T would actually release the mythical Gingerbread, anyone have a guess as to how many months it would take to distribute it to everyone? Do you think it would arrive before my contract expires (May 2013)?

Last edited:

boogman7

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Just go to XGA website or I think I saw one on here and download a custom ROM. You will like it better and it won't have all the AT&T bloatware. If you have a problem you can always re-root your phone back to stock AT&T and take it into the store. I will never use an AT&T standard ROM again. You don't know what you are missing. I have used 4 different ROM's and like them all - none of them bricked the phone.:cool:

richengel

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It's a pretty large file that is in the process of downloading. Looks like 19,173kb. It has downloaded about a quarter of it and now it's sort of frozen.

Turn off Wi-Fi. The update starts as OTA, but halts (or appers to) because Wi-Fi has kicked in. Pull the drop down and turn off Wi-Fi, and whammo, it starts downloading again.

devilfox666

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
i have never got a update on my phone i dont know if it is becouse i no longer have service with att i use my phone anytime i want with my wifi and dont have to give att a dime

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21