This Phone Sucks

AsILayDying

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Well Im a first time Android owner coming over from an Iphone 3Gs. All I can say is the screen is great but the phone itself sucks. Nothing works properly, it decides to do things like change the clock on its own. The WiFi will NOT connect at all.....PERIOD! Stuck saying "Obtaining IP Address from....." and then it will disconnect and start all over. I had it rooted so I could do the WiFi teather thing and have a hotspot for my IPad. You guessed it, that doesnt work either, it will send a signal that can be found and connected to but will not actually let you have a connection. Then the phone got stuck or froze so had to factory reset, I had clicked the phone to backup everything to my gmail account so if I lost anything I could recover..... yep. That didnt work either so now I have no contacts or info, pics, music or files. Pretty sure Im gonna go give this POS back tomorow.

Is there anyone else having this many problems with this phone. Really wish it would work cause its a nice phone and seems to have some cool features. PLEASE HELP

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Your phone sounds defective. Factory restore... No need to say the phone sucks, yours just isn't working properly...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

AsILayDying

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I already did a factory restore and it wiped everything including my root files. So now I have to figure that out again...... Just really thought this phone would be better then this. I am SUPER dissapointed with it.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The only one of those things I experienced was slightly spotty wifi-connection (sometimes I would have to disable then reenable when I arrived at a new location). But that went away when I put the infused rom on it.

Aside from that haven't had any trouble using tethering, clock, or syncing of contacts. It sounds like your phone is defective. A factory restore won't fix that, you need to exchange it.

AsILayDying

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
yeah the factory restore did nothing...... I went in an manually filled in my ip address and stuff for the router/modem here at home. It got me connected but still no service. I have a connection but still cant access any website. I am praying this is a bad phone or else Im going right back over to the iphone. I have never had a single issue with my 3gs. Guess I need to go back to bestbuy and exchange ASAP. Im so frustrated with this phone I almost dont even want to try another one. Maybe if I go in pissed off enough they will upgrade me with the better one. I think its the Galaxy 2 s or something (dual Core processor)

Nightowl67

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Go back to the iPhone. Hurry up now. Don't hesitate. I was a iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 user. Loved and hated (after awhile) the simplicity of ios after awhile. Ios wasn't anymore flawless than Android, but put together more for Lehman's. The stuff I can do with Android (ising a little know how) is way more advanced than the stuff I can do with Android and the Infuse works flawlessly with advanced and mundan tasks. Sounds like hardware issues or operator error to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

AsILayDying

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Go back to the iPhone. Hurry up now. Don't hesitate. I was a iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 user. Loved and hated (after awhile) the simplicity of ios after awhile. Ios wasn't anymore flawless than Android, but put together more for Lehman's. The stuff I can do with Android (ising a little know how) is way more advanced than the stuff I can do with Android and the Infuse works flawlessly with advanced and mundan tasks. Sounds like hardware issues or operator error to me.

Sounds like being a dick is also an APP you picked up.
Its not operator error, I have tried multiple different devices with my WiFi at home with no connection issue or use. I tried connecting my Infuse and it does not work "End Of Story". It will connect after I went in and manually input all my Ip Address, subnet, etc..... but it still will not work. WiFi settings says its connected but still wont work, downloaded and installed "WiFi Manager" says connected but still will not work. Maybe the iPhone is designed for the Lehman as you put it, but atleast it works. My iPhone has been through hell and back with no issues as well as a 3 year old playing with it, deleting apps moving things locking the screen, simply just pushing buttons to do it.

Yes Im new to the Android OS but doesnt mean Im not technically literate. I already had the phone rooted and the WiFi tethering did not work. It would send a signal to my iPad but yet again would not connect.

The clock on the phone would just on its own decide to change time zones which is scary since I use my phone as an alarm clock. Couldnt explain that one and it did it twice. I have spent more time now trying to fix the phone then actually enjoying it.

I was excited about the phone with all that I had read about it, the screen size and clearity was a big point for me since my sons enjoys games and NetFlix on the phone when we are away from home. That is one reason I will give this phone another chance and hope that it is just a LEMON (bad unit) because I would like to actually see what this phone is capable of. Yes I am agrivated with it because I was told by 3 different salesman that I would never look back at my iPhone after using the Droid.....well I already did more then once and its only been since Sunday.

Another issue is the "Rooting"..... I wont mention names or stores but when I got my phone I was discussing the WiFi tethering for home and use with my iPad. He told me I needed a service plan with it. I said ok nevermind.... he then said "but, you can root the Infuse and have tethering for free."
Long story short, I bought the phone and paid him 5 bucks more for him to root it and install a WiFi Tethering App. Never really got the chance to try it, it would turn on, send signal, device would connect but it would not work.

Went to the location yesterday to get it working... salesman was not there and the other person I spoke to said its probably the rooting causing all the problems. Ok, why would someone install an app that would cause issues in a brand new phone. Im really at a loss for words and my frustration level is through the roof. If anyone has some real advice or help please do so.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Apparantly, the wifi issue is due to having a weak radio which since the phone was released, Samsung, and its notorious "Ignore Customer" plan, have suceeded because no update has fixed it.

I just got it yesterday, and noticed that the radio sucks. Taking it back today myself. Its total .

AsILayDying

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Apparantly, the wifi issue is due to having a weak radio which since the phone was released, Samsung, and its notorious "Ignore Customer" plan, have suceeded because no update has fixed it.

I just got it yesterday, and noticed that the radio sucks. Taking it back today myself. Its total .

OK, i understand weak radio but right now Im sitting 2 feet away from the router/modem and it still wont work. Thats not weak... thats defective. It should be working properly and this is why Im so agrivated with it. Hell I can take my iphone down the street 3 houses away and still pick up my WiFi signal and now basically sitting on top of the router my NEW Infuse wont pick it up.

I said before Im giving the phone one last chance and Im going to return for a new one and hope it works. If not I may try the Galaxy s2 or just go back to my iphone 3gs and wait for something else to come out.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
My wifi router is in a different room at the other end of my home and I can always connect. At my work it also always connects and its quite a bit further away but they're using some more powerful antennas for this.

Even so, I always had to toggle it off and back on again whenever I'd arrive at home or work. It would never pick it up again.

After I installed infused, it always picks it up. Dunno if its just trying longer or what, but it works. I'm using the 1.6 infused, not gingerbread, since I'd heard the gingerbread ones messed with the MHL video out and I do use that on occasion.

Either way having it not connect 2 feet from the router is ridiculous, clearly a defective radio.

I really do like my infuse. That being said if price were not an issue I'd jump to the Galaxy S2, it clearly has hardware kicked up a notch. (or Galaxy s2 skyrocket if the 4.5" is the deciding factor). Price is an issue for me, and I can't return, but that's fine I'm still very happy with my infuse, and plan on keeping it through the entire 2 year contract.

AsILayDying

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
OK Ill try infused. As for Price, I got my Infuse 4G for free (with upgrade) and I can get the Galaxy S2 for 150 or the Skyrocket for 200 or 225 something like that. But I just ordered an OtterBox Defender for the phone as well and that will be here Friday. Dont want to lose money on the case already.

What is infused?

AsILayDying

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Nothing like coming in here with an attitude like that.

Makes me really want to help.NOT
Could give to craps if you dont want to help.... do or dont really doesnt change my situation.

AsILayDying: please get it over with and spare us all.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk
Get what over with.... dying?

Just take exchange the phone if it's defective! I don't get what's so hard about it!

I work in a Prison and its not as easy as just calling work and saying I'll be late. I had work this morning 6:30 to 6:30 so I went after work. It was the phone it was defective. the Wifi still will not connect to my home connection.... says obtaining ip address and never connects. Dont know the issue with it but Ill get it figured out I guess as soon as possible. May trade it in for a Galaxy S2, just not sure yet since I already ordered an OtterBox Defender case that will be here Friday

stdeane

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Could give to craps if you dont want to help.... do or dont really doesnt change my situation.

Get what over with.... dying?

I work in a Prison and its not as easy as just calling work and saying I'll be late. I had work this morning 6:30 to 6:30 so I went after work. It was the phone it was defective. the Wifi still will not connect to my home connection.... says obtaining ip address and never connects. Dont know the issue with it but Ill get it figured out I guess as soon as possible. May trade it in for a Galaxy S2, just not sure yet since I already ordered an OtterBox Defender case that will be here Friday

No. And I truely hope you're not really dying. I meant take the phone back as it must be defective.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk

AsILayDying

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
OK well I dont know whats up with my phone. I have done the rooting thing for my phone and the super app on my pc keeps saying im rooted but then rootbasic app on my phone says Im not rooted. Im not able to use my tethering app.

During the rooting process im getting a pop up " Automatic version check failed. Is your OS Version 2.0 or Higher" with options YES NO CANCEL

I click yes and it proceeds to install or root. then finishes just like it should but still does not work on phone. Any ideas or advice.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
First, if you are going to exchange do that that first, before trying infused. Flashing a ROM will void warranty. Technically rooting will as well, but they are less likely to catch that. If someone in the store rooted it for you... well, they would know.

If you get around to trying Infused or other roms, the sub-forum of this one is where the info is.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Take the phone back on your day off.... if you're still having trouble connecting to wifi then it's your router. I have no problems connecting to wifi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1