Hi folks,

I just pulled the trigger on an ATT Infuse. I was debating whether I should get it or the og Atrix and decided on this. Make me feel good about it or tell me why I shouldn't have done it.
    01-19-2012 12:56 PM
    I don't know much about the Atrix, but I'm sure it doesn't have the Super AMOLED + screen.

In my opinion, this screen alone makes it excel above many others instantly. I actually prefer the Galaxy SII size (4.3") because I think that's the sweet-spot as far as having a large enough screen but still having good pixel density (along with, in my opinion, the most important point about ergonomics - you can still comfortably do everything with one hand).

However, I got used to the 4.5" screen on the Infuse and while I would still go with the Galaxy SII any day if someone offered to swap, I am very much content with this phone. I was a bit upset on how late the GB update was coming, but from the sound of it, it's for sure to be coming in the next few weeks.

*Edit*

So I looked up the Atrix, and it looks like a dual core phone. I still think the Infuse was a great choice, but out of curiosity, what made you ultimately pick the Infuse?
    01-19-2012 03:05 PM
    I don't know much about the Atrix, but I'm sure it doesn't have the Super AMOLED + screen.

In my opinion, this screen alone makes it excel above many others instantly. I actually prefer the Galaxy SII size (4.3") because I think that's the sweet-spot as far as having a large enough screen but still having good pixel density (along with, in my opinion, the most important point about ergonomics - you can still comfortably do everything with one hand).

However, I got used to the 4.5" screen on the Infuse and while I would still go with the Galaxy SII any day if someone offered to swap, I am very much content with this phone. I was a bit upset on how late the GB update was coming, but from the sound of it, it's for sure to be coming in the next few weeks.

*Edit*

So I looked up the Atrix, and it looks like a dual core phone. I still think the Infuse was a great choice, but out of curiosity, what made you ultimately pick the Infuse?
    -Like you, the SAMOLED+ screen was appealing
    -TouchWiz over Motoblur
    -Samsung brand loyalty
    -the whole laptop thing scared me off. like the point of the endeavor was gimmicky rather than just building a solid smartphone
    -form factor of the Infuse over Atrix (thinner)
    -power consumption of dual core in Atrix
    01-19-2012 04:53 PM
    I had the OG Atrix and the Infuse smokes it. Better and clearer screen. The dual core doesn't make the Atrix any faster than the Infuse. If anything I think the Infuse is slightly faster.
    01-19-2012 05:15 PM
    Well, I am pretty happy to see the consensus is I made the right choice. My reason for going with it: just seemed more functional. I travel a lot and it has to be able to work as my workstation in a pinch. Besides, I am thinking of replacing my laptop with an Asus Prime which would be my convertible tool.
    01-19-2012 06:38 PM
    Yeah you made the right choice. The infuse is an awesome all around phone. I'm sure you'll love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Note using tapatalk
    01-25-2012 04:27 AM
    So far, no complaints. I am happy and just hope that it lasts the 2 years of my contract. As I understand, it's already outdated at 6 months old.
    01-25-2012 07:48 AM
    Yep, I am on day 2 with my new infuse and I love it! No complaints here. Call quality is good, wifi at my house is excellent and I download apps with ease to my phone. Still learning from it....
    01-25-2012 07:32 PM
    I did install a leaked beta GB ROM on it. So far, no problems.
    01-26-2012 07:16 AM
    I did install a leaked beta GB ROM on it. So far, no problems.
    Please keep us updated.....

However, I read from some users that there is really no BIG differences between GB and Froyo..

Care to comment?
    01-26-2012 12:27 PM
    Please keep us updated.....

However, I read from some users that there is really no BIG differences between GB and Froyo..

Care to comment?
    To be honest, I only used FroYo for one day before loading the beta ROM. But after poking around for about 10 minutes after the upgrade, I went into the settings to make sure I had changed versions.

I later found this article that gave me some background into what was different.

I like what I have now. It hasn't crashed on me and everything seems to be working. Hopefully ATT releases the official upgrade soon.
    01-26-2012 12:52 PM
    Cool, thanks Yangstyle...
    01-26-2012 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD