help with kies mini

xolanir

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's really not necessary to register your device. You have to enable USB debugging mode (settings -->applications -->development -->check USB debugging) and also make sure you're on the kd5 version of froyo and that will enable kies mini to recognize your phone and upgrade the firmware to gingerbread. Hope this helps.

Rayjen426

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This is all a joke. I like the phone, but really? I have spent most of my evening trying to get this to work. I was even told by samsung chat support that Kies does not work on 64 bit versions of windows, to try it on a 32 bit version of windows. Really? After another hour on an older 32 bit machine guess what. "Unregistered device". I like the phone, but this is stupid. I should not have to be a freakin tech guru to update the phone to what is now not even the newest version of android.

NavyVet420

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
How the hell do you get on KD5 version of Froyo? I have UCKH1 just after factory resetting. Since all the other methods didn't work according to this link SAMSUNG

This is one of the ing things starting to piss me off about Android. Too many ing devices from each manufacturer and then they can ignore most of them and screw the public. Kies doesn't work like it says. I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. Still the same problem.

I am in Kiesmode, Debugging is on.

snakeman4066

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
:(I have tried all the 'fixes' listed above... (THANX all...by the way)... I get to stage where Kies is open phone is connected... Phone shows screen with MTP Application at the top... a graphic representation of USB plug in mid page and below that CONNECTED and 5 blinking dots.... the Kies app on the computer open the window that has a dimmed out space showing UPDATE PHONE and next to it a bright space showing Kies info ready to come to the phone.... but the area where you can click on UPDATE PHONE remains dimmed out.... I have wasted 2 hours tonite trying to get this updated.....

Wonder if an ATT store can update ??

Thanx Snakeman...:D

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have tried everything and the stupid phone isnt recognized.. This is a terrible way to update a phone. This is why I just went with the nexus.. Trying to do this for my girl and its a horrible experience...

ABJUNKMAN

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
"F" this, ATT & Samsung, Your ed! Any more scientific wild ass guesses on how "ALL" stock UCKH1 Samsung Infuse 4G owners can get the "outdated update"? Morons!

NavyVet420

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Im with you abjunkman. I keep getting "Unregistered Device" WTF does that mean? Anyone.

For all you that have updated, good for you. Instead of being smarta$$3s and that you did it. HOW did you make it work?

The directions SamDUNG has posted don't address the "unFNregistered device" issues. I completely factory reset my phone, and the FN thing still won't update. I even registered with SamDUNG 4 days ago. I have dl Kies and installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. Deleted the drivers, added them again.. turned off both antivirus/spy and my firewall, hoping that would help. But F no..

I have the sake UCKH1 now. Someone yesterday mentioned KD5? WTF? Seems like if you have UCKH1 you can't update? samDUNG is just that :-\:confused:

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Here's what worked on my wife's phone:

1. Restore to stock follwing the instructions here: [ODIN][UCKD5] GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included - xda-developers
  2. Once it reboots, go into settings and restore to factory (you will lose all your data)
  3. Apply the upgrade with Kies Mini as instructed by the Samsung Web site

Hope this helps someone.

Everyone screaming about they can't get it to work, FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS! It will work. It took me 10 minutes if that to do the update. This is what I did

1) Registered on Samsung site, still said unregistered device
2) Used GTG's Ultimate Unbrick to go back to OFFICIAL stock KD5
3) Plugged back into Kies and clicked update
4) Waited for Kies to update the phone

It's not complicated if you just follow what the people that have gotten it to work tell you. If you have the update on your phone from November UCKH1, then you can't update. USE GTG'S ULTIMATE UNBRICK TO REMOVE THAT UPDATE. Oh, and I'm on 64bit Win 7.

wampa888

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Everyone screaming about they can't get it to work, FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS! It will work. It took me 10 minutes if that to do the update. This is what I did

1) Registered on Samsung site, still said unregistered device
2) Used GTG's Ultimate Unbrick to go back to OFFICIAL stock KD5
3) Plugged back into Kies and clicked update
4) Waited for Kies to update the phone

It's not complicated if you just follow what the people that have gotten it to work tell you. If you have the update on your phone from November UCKH1, then you can't update. USE GTG'S ULTIMATE UNBRICK TO REMOVE THAT UPDATE. Oh, and I'm on 64bit Win 7.

I followed exactly steps 1-4 and it downloads all the binary files but then says phone failed to upgrade, reboot and try again. Anyone encounter that error?

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Kies Mini

OK...something just came to me. Check your Kies Mini version.

Is it version 1.0.0.11804_3 ?

The times the upgrade failed for me, it was the prior version of the application which I downloaded only two weeks ago. As a last ditch effort, I uninstalled it and downloaded the file from the Samsung site again. After reinstalling, the first thing that came up was notification that an update was available. So I updated and...bingo.

Then again, it might have worked because my socks match my cousin's hat today. YMMV

wampa888

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure whats going on but I do have the updated Mini Kies and it tells me that an upgrade is available, I start it and it begins to download binary files and then after a few minutes it says unable to upgrade, reboot and try again, did that numerous times now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech