Unregistered Device on Mini Kies

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I installed the new Mini Kies, and updated drivers. Kies says version is v1.0.0.11084_3

I am running 64bit Windows 7

When I connect the phone it does identify that it is an Infuse

However, it says "unregistered device"

Looking for answer if this is normal or is it because my phone is rooted?

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Also, the Mini Kies installed another program called "Samsung EZupdater. ..

The splash screen indicates it is a program that allows simple firmware upgrades for mobile phones.

When I connect it IDs the phone correctly, but says "The device does not support firmware upgrades"

Anyone else try this?

Userldatt

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
My phone says unregistered as well. Phone is not modified. MiniKies is "greyed out" where it says to upgrade firmware. I am guessing the unregistered notice does not affect upgrade. I just keep checking for the upgrade. Would be nice if AT&T would read forums sometimes.

ShortFuse321

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Same for me. I just registered the phone but that may not have..."registered" yet through Samsung.

I have never rooted. I read somewhere that those with the latest firmware may not be updating first. (i.e. UCKH1). I'm on UCKH1 and not updating yet.

Just curious if that is the case with others.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
You won't get it if you're on UCKH1.

I used GTG's Ultimate Unbrick which took me to the previous version and the Kies Mini worked like magic and now I'm running on Gingerbread.

I know this is messed up... AT&T should've made sure the customers who did the OTA (like all good customers should) back in November should've had a smooth transition to this update. Regardless, the solution is there. If you want to get it now, go GTG Unbrick.

Reactions: fewfx

ramnath82

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I got Unregistered Device error on UCKH1.

Used GTG to go back to old version..Boom my kies detected my phone...Upgrading now...Hope everything goes well.

txent

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The "Unregistered Device" message appears to mean exactly what it says. I registered my Infuse on the Samsung site, waited a while (i.e. overnight; download server is apparently not updated immediately) and got the magical "download available" notice in Kies.

Gingerbread appears to be living up to the hype - everything appears more responsive, etc.

watto102

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The "Unregistered Device" message appears to mean exactly what it says. I registered my Infuse on the Samsung site, waited a while (i.e. overnight; download server is apparently not updated immediately) and got the magical "download available" notice in Kies.

Gingerbread appears to be living up to the hype - everything appears more responsive, etc.

I've registered my phone since the day I received it and I still get the Unregistered Device message... :'(

txent

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have multiple Infuses, all of which I registered yesterday. The way I was able to confirm they were all "there" was via the "My Account" page on the Samsung website. Under "Quick Links" is a "Request Service" option, and all registered products appear on that page.

Th3Ju99anaut

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as others....I have an un-rooted device and downloaded Kies-mini from the Samsung website...registered my phone and even submitted a review....updated Kies...rebooted computer....connected my phone to PC and same thing...a grayed out section where I should have my update confirmed...and it shows my phone as an unregistered phone. :mad:

Th3Ju99anaut

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if anyone posted here about it or not....but apparently 90 percent of the people who updated their phones in November are not yet permitted to download Gingerbread....I read it had something to do with doing a timed roll out so the servers don't get major traffic....however I read that those that didn't update were able to download and Kies Mini would recognize and allow download....

Upon further investigation this is so true....I found out how to get the update off my phone by running GTG's Ultimate Unbrick....

Sure as hell it worked....I am now running Gingerbread took all night because my phone needed to charge before I was able to download it....so I'm going to mess around with it and let you know how it went...

Good luck...here's the link I used and followed to set your phone back to original condition un-updated...

[ODIN][UCKD5] GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included - xda-developers

Read the instructions very carefully and don't worry or be intimidated it's not hard and you won't brick your phone....if you do...well that's what this program is for.....good luck!!!! :cool:

SirEbrum

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Same as others... UCKH1, non-rooted Infuse, grayed-out "Phone Upgrade" button with "Unregistered Device" like we've always seen.

Yep, embarrassing for AT&T that they don't test this stuff first! Their Software Verification Team needs to get their act together.:'(

They fixed the Samsung link in a day, so I figure I'll give them another day, perhaps the weekend before I take the GTG path. I expect another version of Kies Mini is coming...we've waited this long...

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering, if you do GTG unbrick, will it wipe out the whole data (internal SD)? Because as far as I know you cannot backup data unless you are rooted...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid