Gingerbread available for ATT Customers

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
damn mine is saying unregistered device too.. I tried to register it but its telling me its invalid s/n# , which is because i registered this phone already last year.:(

handsofdeath

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Just install this update on a non rooted phone that never got one update. it worked perfectly.

here is a link to samsung and everything you need to install it. i didnt lose any data or contacts everything is as it was before except with GB

SAMSUNG

read all that there is info near the bottom that its really important if it doesnt connect with kies

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you doing this on the Samsung site? You need to provide the IMEI, FYI

Yeah I did the IMEI 3 times ,,finally it took it, but still unregistered. Samsung online help said it might take awhile to register. And yes I did it at samsung site. Am i suppose to do this on ATT? Please correct me if I`m wrong. thanks

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I installed this update on my sons Infuse earlier. When I first hooked up to Kies it gave the unregistered device error. I registered on Samsung's site and still got the error. I did GTG's ultimate unbrick to go back to completely stock because I had done the update from a couple months ago. Plugged the phone into Kies again and was able to do the update. I really do think that what others have posted is making a difference. If you have done any kind of updates prior to this one, use GTG's ultimate unbrick from XDA to go back to stock, then try again.

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed this update on my sons Infuse earlier. When I first hooked up to Kies it gave the unregistered device error. I registered on Samsung's site and still got the error. I did GTG's ultimate unbrick to go back to completely stock because I had done the update from a couple months ago. Plugged the phone into Kies again and was able to do the update. I really do think that what others have posted is making a difference. If you have done any kind of updates prior to this one, use GTG's ultimate unbrick from XDA to go back to stock, then try again.

I agree with you. BTW, how long did you keep the device connected before the idle screen showed up? It was over a half hour for me.

wampa888

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I registered this morning and I still get unregistered device...but when I log into Samsungs site, it shows my device and being registered...WTH is going on...any ideas?

Echoforce

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem where any time I try to upgrade to gingerbread (from Froyo 2.2) with kies mini, I do everything the instructions say to and I push the "Upgrade" button so it starts "downloading binary files" and once that is done it goes to "Upgrading firmware" and then after about 3 minutes it says "SGH-I897 could not be upgraded"

D:

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem where any time I try to upgrade to gingerbread (from Froyo 2.2) with kies mini, I do everything the instructions say to and I push the "Upgrade" button so it starts "downloading binary files" and once that is done it goes to "Upgrading firmware" and then after about 3 minutes it says "SGH-I897 could not be upgraded"

D:

I897 is the Captivate. You need Kies Mini for the Infuse. Curious about how the phone performs n 2.3.6, the lady-friend wants to upgrade her Infuse but I'm skeptical.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK...upgrading my wife's infuse, it gets stuck on the ATT screen in an endless loop...I let it run for an hour after it said the upgrade was done.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
OK...upgrading my wife's infuse, it gets stuck on the ATT screen in an endless loop...I let it run for an hour after it said the upgrade was done.

You let it reboot for an hour or upgrade for a hour? If not, how long has it been stuck? I'd say pull the battery for 5 minutes then re-insert and power on. Obviously whatever you choose to do is at your own risk.

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You let it reboot for an hour or upgrade for a hour? If not, how long has it been stuck? I'd say pull the battery for 5 minutes then re-insert and power on. Obviously whatever you choose to do is at your own risk.

Yes, I let it run for an haour and then tried pulling the battery out and rebooting. Same loop...just the ATT logo. I am in the doghouse.

rvrocket

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I talked to Samsung customer support just before they closed this evening. He actually said they knew there was a problem. They gave me a web address that he said 3 times "will not be active until tomorrow morning”. That time in the morning he could not say. So here is the link: SAMSUNG's Digital World Hopefully this will be the solution for all of us with UCKH1.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I used Odin back to stock, and it did work for me. I was no longer getting "unregistered device" and the button to upgrade was available. However, instead of upgrading, I decided just to go ahead with a custom ROM because I don't wont to go without Root and I don't like some of the changes the upgrade makes - such as losing sound/silent toggle on notification drop down.

So I installed ZEUS from XDA site. After some initial problems caused by me, it is working great. The notification shade is super - it has like 18 toggles and you can chose which to include and in what order.

Otherwise very smooth. I am happy.

But good luck to all that are still struggling with the Samsung update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800