Samsung says, "Go to the Library to Upgrade."

AustinBear

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. I can't get the updgrade to work. Keis mini says I have a current version (from last year) and does not show an upgrade as available. So I called Samsung. They said Keis mini is not compatible on a 64 bit PC and I need to find and use a 32 bit computer.

They said go the the carrier. I said the Samsung site says specifically not to go to AT&T, they don't have the right equipement. So, the Samsung support person said, "Okay, then go to a public library and find an old 32 bit PC and see if you can download Keis mini on that."

Seriously...

What a joke. Won't run on a 64 bit PC? Really? This is 2012, right?

Maybe they should start sending out the updates on 5 1/4 inch floppy disks (yes, they really were 'floppy').

I'm going to head to the AT&T store for a rant. I don't know anyone with a 32 bit PC. Everyone I knows runs Win7 on a 64-Bit

renim

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Kies mini works fine on 64bit windows 7. The Samsung reps are wrong. If you applied the November maintenance release (UCKH1) then the update to gingerbread is showing up for some people while while not showing up for others. It may be a staggered release or somethings screwed up on Samsung/ATT's side.

If you dont want to wait until it shows up on Kies mini then use GTG's ultimate unbrick and restore back to a previous release (UCKD5) and you should then be able to upgrade. Of course you will loose your data but you will get to upgrade.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Kies mini on 2 different 32-bit PCs. The upgrade did not work on either. It's a bunch of bull if Samsung says it works on a 32-bit PC. I am beginning to think the UCKH1 could be the reason based on what's been written in these forums. I just don't know if it's worth hacking with GTG to install GB.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Kies mini on 2 different 32-bit PCs. The upgrade did not work on either. It's a bunch of bull if Samsung says it works on a 32-bit PC. I am beginning to think the UCKH1 could be the reason based on what's been written in these forums. I just don't know if it's worth hacking with GTG to install GB.

I am not sure it is worth it either.

If you have a rooted phone, I would just go to ZEUS or the like.

I can report that Odin back to stock fix my problem with "unregistered device" but my understanding is that the gingerbread update hasn't been rooted so I decided to go the Zeus root instead.

ZEUS is pretty slick.

AustinBear

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Kies mini works fine on 64bit windows 7. The Samsung reps are wrong. If you applied the November maintenance release (UCKH1) then the update to gingerbread is showing up for some people while while not showing up for others. It may be a staggered release or somethings screwed up on Samsung/ATT's side.

If you dont want to wait until it shows up on Kies mini then use GTG's ultimate unbrick and restore back to a previous release (UCKD5) and you should then be able to upgrade. Of course you will loose your data but you will get to upgrade.

I am on UCKD5, not UCKH1...

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure it is worth it either.

If you have a rooted phone, I would just go to ZEUS or the like.

I can report that Odin back to stock fix my problem with "unregistered device" but my understanding is that the gingerbread update hasn't been rooted so I decided to go the Zeus root instead.

ZEUS is pretty slick.

I have to second that. After wrestling with the Kies Mini update and finally succeeding, I was underwhelmed by the new version.

I did a little research and decided to try Zeus. Somehow, it made my battery last longer and my screens faster. And it has a lot more features. Why can't ATT or Samsung do this for themselves?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1