Good Custom Roms For Infuse

cacattack

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking into flashing this ROM as well, this will be my first time with a custom ROM and I was wondering if anyone does the nandroid backup that is stated on the xda forum. If so is there a trick to get it to work, I've been trying to create a backup of my current ROM but can't seem to get the backup option to show in recovery mode.

Are you just running the Zuus ROM or did you update the kernel as well?

I'm rooted and I'm using "ROM Manager"

Thanks in advance!

fox0137

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Running Zeus 5.2 with Aries themeing. Couldnt be happier. I would recommend any of DMAN's ROMs. He is a great dev.

As for the nandroid backup, you have to create that in recovery mode. Just select the one that says backup and restore, then sit back and wait, easy as that.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I flashed MIUI today and there are not as many problems in it as Zeus. I definitely recommend miui

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Actually Galnet MIUI stable version is very solid, snappy rom. I think Gmiui is the best 'miui' rom on infuse. Too bad the site is shut down though...

I liked Zeus till 5.2 build since I had no single problem. Build 6 was very stable but has SOD problem, and ZTR was even worse for me... Developer left so no future update for Zeus anyway.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually Galnet MIUI stable version is very solid, snappy rom. I think Gmiui is the best 'miui' rom on infuse. Too bad the site is shut down though...

I liked Zeus till 5.2 build since I had no single problem. Build 6 was very stable but has SOD problem, and ZTR was even worse for me... Developer left so no future update for Zeus anyway.

I kept getting that android system force close on zeus. on 6 the SOD. I even got random reboots. Couldn't take it anymore. Went to stock gb and the screen was still unresponsive so went to miui yesterday and it's so stable on my phone. Pleasantly surprised

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

cacattack

May 25, 2011
Visit site
What version of miui did you flash, there seems to be more than one? Can you post a link to the version you flashed?

I was also running Zeus and there are too many SOD's for me to keep using and I really don't care for theme in ZTR.

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Galnet Miui (so called gmiui) is the best miui rom out there in my opinion. It's not on the XDA and the galnet site shutdown about a week ago... I have latest gmiui 2.3.2b stable version but don't know how to upload :p

I think I saw someone on XDA put up 4shared link for that so you might wanna check there. One thing though... since the site is shutdown for gmiui so there isn't going to be future updae for gmiui. But it is very solid rom, no issues for me, yet :)

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, been running Emancipation for the past month and my Infuse is not liking it. I'm getting freezes, random shutdowns and more headache than I need. I think the most stable ROM I had was Zeus 5.2. Zeus 6 was a let down.

Any recommendations for the ROM I should try next? Stability is my primary concern since I use this phone for my business.

Reactions: joe1987

cacattack

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, been running Emancipation for the past month and my Infuse is not liking it. I'm getting freezes, random shutdowns and more headache than I need. I think the most stable ROM I had was Zeus 5.2. Zeus 6 was a let down.

Any recommendations for the ROM I should try next? Stability is my primary concern since I use this phone for my business.

Been Running Aeon for about a week now and I like it, very stable and still active on the development.
[ROM][2.3.6] AEON v1.3.1 STABILITY AT ITS FINEST - xda-developers

Reactions: joe1987

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK. So I have downloaded Aeon and MIUI INFUSE EDITION 2.2.24 + SHOCK n AWE.

I am going to try Aeon first since it seems to be continually updated. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really need a stable device. Will let you know what happens.

joe1987

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
OK. So I have downloaded Aeon and MIUI INFUSE EDITION 2.2.24 + SHOCK n AWE.

I am going to try Aeon first since it seems to be continually updated. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really need a stable device. Will let you know what happens.

Aeon has been updated v1.4
aeon%201.4.png

aeon%201.4.1.png