Can an unlocked AT&T Infuse 4G in another country upgrade to GB

Landrum

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys this is my first post and I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place. I am just a bit worried since I live in another country (Costa Rica). My concern is, if I buy an unlocked AT&T Infuse 4G from amazon can I still get the official GB update?? I hear that, for example, you need to register on the AT&T site but if the phone is unlocked I assume there is no registering :-\ Or is the update available to me OTA either way? Any help with this concern will be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can an unlocked AT&T Infuse 4G in another country upgrade to

I'm pretty sure you won't get anything OTA because when I check for OTA updates, my phone says it's connecting with AT&T servers to check for updates.

Kies will probably be a different story though, although since you're unlocked and not on AT&T, you might as well as root and flash either custom ROMs or flash the gingerbread leak that way. Google XDA forums for this phone and you'll see everything you need.

Reactions: Landrum

Landrum

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can an unlocked AT&T Infuse 4G in another country upgrade to

Ah I see! Now I need to figure out how I will be able to do this heheh I'm new to Android so if anyone has any info on how to do the update to GB plz let me know :) I think I could do it with Kies mini or Odin but will have to try later on when the phone arrives. Thanks a lot yohannie O:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc