Issue with phone after rooting...

Th3Ju99anaut

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So after running GTGUnbrick to get Gingerbread I decided I wasn't impressed and wanted a custom ROM...I re-ran Odin....put my phone back to Froyo...and then attempted to Root it...I was successful with Rooting and looked into custom ROMS...however I noticed my phone wasn't connecting to my wireless network...I checked...and the phone couldn't pick up any wireless networks around which there's always a ton where I live...

Could I have done something wrong during the Root process?

I decided to return phone to factory settings and I'm in the process of re-adding all my accounts...Google etc...the wireless is not working...I'm going to attempt to Root again...

Any suggestions or hints?

*Edit....after factory reset I see "SuperUser" is in my applications drawer....does that sound right? So what do I do now...find clockwork rom manager and Titanium backup and watch some YouTube vids? lol

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you just root your phone or flash custom roms too? I heard there were some wi-fi error and texting error in some custom roms (reason why I'm still with official gb) I don't think just rooting the phone will affect wireless network.

Factory reset will not erase rooting. You have to unroot with the program. The simplest way to unroot is using Super-one-click. I suggest unroot and do GTG unbrick again.

reconkilla

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I use 2.3.6 uclb1 Rom... is that a actual rom or a base band change? cuz i installed the rom using odin and the only thing that change was the base band and the kelner build thats all... all my information was still there... it works fine i guess.. but my question is did i doit right or i did something wrong?:-!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae