Infuse or Inspire?

HK_Krazed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am not one to run out and get the newest phones. I like to find a good one and keep it until it craps out. Well, my 5+ year old BB Curve is on it's way. I can probably get about another year out of it until it is done for good. I thought with the new 4G phones coming this would be the best time to upgrade - but I am lost. I am going between the HTC Inspire and the Samsung Infuse. All this talk of HSPA+ and LTE and hummingbird and snapdragon is making my head hurt! Any thoughts would be appreciated!:cool:

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I am not one to run out and get the newest phones. I like to find a good one and keep it until it craps out. Well, my 5+ year old BB Curve is on it's way. I can probably get about another year out of it until it is done for good. I thought with the new 4G phones coming this would be the best time to upgrade - but I am lost. I am going between the HTC Inspire and the Samsung Infuse. All this talk of HSPA+ and LTE and hummingbird and snapdragon is making my head hurt! Any thoughts would be appreciated!:cool:

Depends on what you would like: a very large screen w/ Super Amoled Plus or a very large screen with a regular Super Amoled. Obviously, though you are not looking just at the screen size. May you specify your most important needs in a phone? Both are great, but it all depends on what you would like. I personally owned the Epic and I currently own the EVO. All I know is that HTC sends out many, many more updates than Samsung and I believe that they support their devices longer. I personally would go with the Inspire because it is not only still in the "regular phone (IMO)" size, but it is a very powerful phone with a fantastic company to back up the phone.

Why don't you read this short snippet? http://www.gforgames.com/gadgets/ne...-release-date-price-officially-unveiled-4116/

It brings out some of the Inspire's great features.

CBPilu

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
after owning a captivate i dont think i will ever be purchasing a samsung phone again. Unless this phone launches with gingerbread you will never see it on this phone from samsung. Get the inspire or the atrix

HK_Krazed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have heard a lot about Samsung being slow with updates so that would be a downside. As for my phone needs, my Curve in the ancient version, only really capable of e-mail so I never had data as I saw no point. I mainly wanted it because of the keyboard and then the calendar function became a lifesaver. My big concern now after doing some research is should I just wait until the LTE phones are available. I have nothing to compare speed to, I don't think I would be a person who uses data constantly but who knows, since I have never had it.

austina

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am debating this as well! Any help would be great! I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 now and I am ready to move over into Droid world. My Blackberry is a piece of crap.

I use my phone primarily for e-mail, apps like Facebook, Twitter, my calendar and will be using it for better apps come switching to Droid. I'm worried the infuse's screen will be too big for my back pocket, where I primarily keep my phone. I heard HTC is just a better brand regardless.

Please help! :)

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If you are in need of a phone right now I wouldn't bother waiting and dealing with the constant tech cycle or the headaches of early releases. The phones already out right now will more than meet your needs and have most of the kinks already worked out so no surprises ahead. Any talk of 4G, dual-core, or updates are all just small evolutionary steps that aren't game changers at this point. Don't listen to all the hype and fanboy drivel.

The first thing to look for is size. Go to your local AT&T store or Verizon or even borrow one from a friend. Start with big phones like the EVO or Droid X (both 4.3") and see if they are manageable and if you like the screen size and pocketability. Many people do find 4.3" too big and the sweet spot seems to be 4.0", but others find that the 3.5" of the iPhone is the perfect size, so this you have to find out on your own.

The next thing is to figure out if you can handle a touchscreen keyboard. Since you are coming from a Blackberry, you may or may not care to have a sliding keyboard, which adds to the bulk. There are even Blackberry style Androids, but they have smaller screens to accomodate a portrait keyboard.

Then there is of course pricing. I can guess you are a very practical-minded person with your 5-yr phone so don't settle for anything less than FREE, unless you really want it of course. A lot of current gen high-end phones are cheaply discounted now or frequently have sales. T-mobile, for example, is offering every phone in its entire lineup for free this Feb 11-12 for Valentine's Day, 2yr contract of course. Most people would recommend the G2 (it has a keyboard yay) on that network, or possibly a Samsung Vibrant. There should be plenty of deals for the other networks as well, or you could even go to third party resellers (Costco, Amazon, the kiosk at the mall) which require stricter contracts but undercut the phone prices even further.

Just ignore the Infuse, Inspire, Atrix, Optimus 2x, etc. or all the fancy lingo. Most of the current high-end and many of the midrange phones are comparable right now, so look for what's cheap and what looks good and isn't too big.

Reactions: brdl04

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just ignore the Infuse, Inspire, Atrix, Optimus 2x, etc. or all the fancy lingo. Most of the current high-end and many of the midrange phones are comparable right now, so look for what's cheap and what looks good and isn't too big.

I disagree with this. I believe its all personal preference. Get what you can afford & like. Don't listen to other opinions on getting a cheap phone. Go out there & test out the phone for yourself to see if you like it or not.

I have the Inspire 4G right now & its a great device. Has great support from XDA. After using the Inspire, it makes my iP4 feel small. I tend to use my Inspire more than the iP4. I would still get the Infuse though due to specs & screen size. If you're a HTC person, then the Inspire is a great device. If you like Samsung, then Infuse is the way to go.

YMMV

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
after owning a captivate i dont think i will ever be purchasing a samsung phone again. Unless this phone launches with gingerbread you will never see it on this phone from samsung. Get the inspire or the atrix

A month ago I would have totally agreed with you P4ranoid, but I think AT&T and the US carriers was to blame for not pushing out the OS. Sammy had it on all the other Galaxy phones outside of the USA months ago. The US carriers had to first put their bloatware in and approve befre Sammy would release to the US consumers...Now that I've learn to root and change ROM's I'm not a Samsung hater like I was, though they need to prove their hardware is/has improved. I own a rooted Cappy, GPS still sucks after 2.2..

Anyway I like the Infuse's specs better but if I were you(HK_Krazed), I'd wait until it comes out and then make your decision. If your not locked in to a carrier, look at Verizon and the "Thunderbolt" as well...nice phone as well.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
do you think you'd like and use the front facing cam? if so, the infuse or even the atrix that you didn't mention would be the way to go.

i would first wait until the 15th and then try them all out.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been debating for a while, too, over which of these phones I'd get. On one hand, I know that it's dicey whether or not the Samsung Infuse will ever get an upgrade to Gingerbread... but I'm hopeful. ;)
On the other hand, screen quality is a big factor for me and I think the SAMOLED+ technology is substantially superior to that of the S-LCD of the HTC Inspire. Oh, and the reportedly crappy battery life of the Inspire is turn-off. But I do like the aluminum body (and the accompanying heft) of the the Inspire.

So, as you can see, I am kind of conflicted, but am going with the Infuse. I don't think I'd be UNHAPPY with either phone (coming from an Eternity !!) so I just gotta pick one, learn it, and have fun!

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site
if it wasn't already hard enough to decide between these devices..... now the Inspire can be had for THIRTY DOLLARS. for some, i'm sure that'll make it easier. for me, it makes it worse because i had just decided i was going to be at the store ON 5/14/11 to get one of the very first ones off the griddle, but 30bux for an Inspire is soooooo tempting. i even, physically, went in to the store (not sure if forum rules allow us to mention where) to see if it was real. it is, a Jackson and Hamilton an yer walking out with the Inspire :D

Last edited:

ityler93

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
inspired

i would love to own an inspire for only 30 dollars! thats crazy. could you possibly tell me where this amazing deal is?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you would like: a very large screen w/ Super Amoled Plus or a very large screen with a regular Super Amoled. Obviously, though you are not looking just at the screen size. May you specify your most important needs in a phone? Both are great, but it all depends on what you would like. I personally owned the Epic and I currently own the EVO. All I know is that HTC sends out many, many more updates than Samsung and I believe that they support their devices longer. I personally would go with the Inspire because it is not only still in the "regular phone (IMO)" size, but it is a very powerful phone with a fantastic company to back up the phone.

Why don't you read this short snippet? HTC Inspire 4G Release Date and Price Officially Unveiled

It brings out some of the Inspire's great features.

I dont think HTC has Super Amoled on the Inspire. That screen technology is a Samsung Exclusive. And even the normal Super Amoled is better then what the Inspire has to offer. Sammy took an already fantastic screen tech, and steiroided it! :)

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been debating for a while, too, over which of these phones I'd get. On one hand, I know that it's dicey whether or not the Samsung Infuse will ever get an upgrade to Gingerbread... but I'm hopeful. ;)
On the other hand, screen quality is a big factor for me and I think the SAMOLED+ technology is substantially superior to that of the S-LCD of the HTC Inspire. Oh, and the reportedly crappy battery life of the Inspire is turn-off. But I do like the aluminum body (and the accompanying heft) of the the Inspire.

So, as you can see, I am kind of conflicted, but am going with the Infuse. I don't think I'd be UNHAPPY with either phone (coming from an Eternity !!) so I just gotta pick one, learn it, and have fun!

I will tell you this. I had Froyo Installed on the Captivate almost over a half ah year before Samsung actually released it on AT&T for the Cappy. If there working on it and it gets leaked (which Im sure it will) the XDA Devs will have it souped up for the Infuse. Im pretty hopeful of that. :)

And as you said. SAMOLED+ is REALLY SWEET! That alone right there would make my decision go for the Infuse instead of the Inspire. HTC makes great phones dont get me wrong. But Samsung IMO, makes better ones especially with the screen quality.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont think HTC has Super Amoled on the Inspire. That screen technology is a Samsung Exclusive. And even the normal Super Amoled is better then what the Inspire has to offer. Sammy took an already fantastic screen tech, and steiroided it! :)

Its not exclusive to samsung but no one else.has the ability to mass produce it right now . That article he is referencing is obviously not reliable. Inspire has an SLCD, how does one mess that up.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Correct super amoled technology is not exclusive to samsung they just make the best screens! i mean hell the incredible had an amoled screen on it when it was first released.